Singapore Expats

Including children in PR application

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
yosithezet

Including children in PR application

Post by yosithezet » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 5:31 pm

So it is possible to include children under the age of 21 in a PR application. I don't know the cutoff for PRs to do military service, but what if the child has already completed military service elsewhere?

Also is there is a residency requirement for the children to be in Singapore? What if they are studying abroad?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Including children in PR application

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 17 Mar 2018 9:24 am

yosithezet wrote:So it is possible to include children under the age of 21 in a PR application. I don't know the cutoff for PRs to do military service, but what if the child has already completed military service elsewhere?

Also is there is a residency requirement for the children to be in Singapore? What if they are studying abroad?
Yes. Those male children will have a NS obligation. You can include them if they are studying abroad and you should if they plan to move to Singapore. Former military service might render them unfit for NS if with an unfriendly nation.

corrected - all boys under 18 who become PR have an obligation. Forget the 'second gen PR' term - it's confusing.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!