Singapore Expats

new e-PR application still needs cover letter?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LisaX01

new e-PR application still needs cover letter?

Post by LisaX01 » Tue, 13 Mar 2018 9:47 pm

Hi,

Since the new e-PR (electronic PR submission) is launched. Anyone has done PR application through e-PR themselves? Any screenshots available?

1) Is the cover letter still necessary and where do you submit this in the e-PR form.
2) Does that still make any difference in the approval success rate?
3) Testimonials from local/sg to proof i'm awesome , where do you submit this in the new e-PR.

thanks

Lisa

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: new e-PR application still needs cover letter?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:08 am

LisaX01 wrote: 3) Testimonials from local/sg to proof i'm awesome , where do you submit this in the new e-PR.
That and 80 cents will get you a cup of Kopi and not much else.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

LisaX01

Post by LisaX01 » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 12:37 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: That and 80 cents will get you a cup of Kopi and not much else.
haha, yea I thought so too.
but all these "agencies/consultants" says that they "provide" these documents for me (additional documents such us proof volunteer work and donations and testimonials" will have better chance.
I just wonder if this is true and since new ePR system, I wonder where they submit all these.

Any thoughts on cover letter since new ePR submission ?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 1:08 am

LisaX01 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: That and 80 cents will get you a cup of Kopi and not much else.
haha, yea I thought so too.
but all these "agencies/consultants" says that they "provide" these documents for me (additional documents such us proof volunteer work and donations and testimonials" will have better chance.
I just wonder if this is true and since new ePR system, I wonder where they submit all these.

Any thoughts on cover letter since new ePR submission ?
I sincerely hope you are not using an agency/consultant to apply for your PR... you're going to get screwed, and not in a pleasant way.

LisaX01

Post by LisaX01 » Wed, 14 Mar 2018 1:13 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I sincerely hope you are not using an agency/consultant to apply for your PR... you're going to get screwed, and not in a pleasant way.
No worries, I only wonder about what they suggest that makes a difference or higher chances of succeeding. And if I can submit those myself as addition to higher approval rate.

Anyways: Anyone thoughts on cover letter since new ePR submission ?
Does that improve any chances if i write a supersonic-awesome-convincing 1min pitch Coverletter?

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Sat, 17 Mar 2018 9:52 pm

LisaX01 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I sincerely hope you are not using an agency/consultant to apply for your PR... you're going to get screwed, and not in a pleasant way.
No worries, I only wonder about what they suggest that makes a difference or higher chances of succeeding. And if I can submit those myself as addition to higher approval rate.

Does that improve any chances if i write a supersonic-awesome-convincing 1min pitch Coverletter?
I get my PR without any sort of agency, cover letter, reference letter, MP letter, whatever letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 2:26 pm

LisaX01 wrote: No worries, I only wonder about what they suggest that makes a difference or higher chances of succeeding.
The reason they are able to advertise a higher success rate has absolutely nothing to do with what they put into the application (they can ONLY put down what you tell them). They retain the right as to accept you as their client. If you do not look like a shoe-in for PR they normally will not take your money as if they do and you bomb, they loose their bragging rights and their success rates takes a hit. Therefore, save your money. Seriously. Just file it honestly yourself and save yourself a couple of grand to use on your next holiday.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

akenmanuel

Post by akenmanuel » Wed, 27 Feb 2019 5:16 pm

LisaX01 wrote:

Just applied today, could not find any section where to add a cover letter. Good thing as I had not prepared it anyway (was gonna do an express one if there was a section to add it).

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sat, 02 Mar 2019 9:06 am

Im planning to apply for PR here in singapore. I’ve been working here for 5yrs. Just want to ask, can I include my wife and 2 kids who are currently staying outside singapore in my application for PR? Is it possible?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 02 Mar 2019 4:25 pm

bcheng74 wrote:
I get my PR without any sort of agency, cover letter, reference letter, MP letter, whatever letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Sat, 02 Mar 2019 6:43 pm

I will be applying for PR here in singapore but Can i apply for my family who are not staying here in singapore?

liveinsgp

Post by liveinsgp » Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:51 pm

akenmanuel wrote:
Wed, 27 Feb 2019 5:16 pm
LisaX01 wrote:

Just applied today, could not find any section where to add a cover letter. Good thing as I had not prepared it anyway (was gonna do an express one if there was a section to add it).
What’s your current result status?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 16 Mar 2024 1:29 am

liveinsgp wrote:
Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:51 pm
akenmanuel wrote:
Wed, 27 Feb 2019 5:16 pm
LisaX01 wrote:

What’s your current result status?
Hello?!? This post is five years old. The last time LisaX01 posted was six years ago.