Singapore Expats

EP Processing Time 2018

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP Processing Time 2018

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 May 2018 10:14 pm

Joejoe wrote:Congrats to all approved EP!

To get better estimation for the waiting time, can you guys include some of these info (feel free to add or remove as you deemed necessary) :
- job title
- company size
- apply directly or through agency

Thank you
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

You would think that eventually, people would learn.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 22 May 2018 12:04 am

Joejoe wrote:Congrats to all approved EP!

To get better estimation for the waiting time, can you guys include some of these info (feel free to add or remove as you deemed necessary) :
- job title
- company size
- apply directly or through agency

Thank you
Also throw in

- phase of the moon
- sister in law's maiden name
- yesterday's temperature

These are as good a predictor as yours as to whether you will get EP.

carnifex

Post by carnifex » Thu, 24 May 2018 4:03 pm

Hi everyone, needed some information. The company which I had a job offer from applied my EP on 9/05. MY EP got approved on 22/05 as per https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... tAction.do

When shall I receive my IPA letter? The company says it still hasn't received the letter yet. What is the usual timeframe post-approval, after which the company receives the IPA letter?

FYI,

- job title - Software Developer
- company size - 10000+ maybe, not sure. (grab)
- apply directly or through agency - Company as far as I know

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 May 2018 8:30 pm

carnifex wrote:Hi everyone, needed some information. The company which I had a job offer from applied my EP on 9/05. MY EP got approved on 22/05 as per https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE ... tAction.do

When shall I receive my IPA letter? The company says it still hasn't received the letter yet. What is the usual timeframe post-approval, after which the company receives the IPA letter?

FYI,

- job title - Software Developer
- company size - 10000+ maybe, not sure. (grab)
- apply directly or through agency - Company as far as I know
The IPA will be sent to the official address in the EP application. It usually takes a week or so after actual approval for the letter to be posted... at least it did a while back.

lily_delicate

Post by lily_delicate » Sat, 26 May 2018 2:32 pm

Hi there!
I have been accepted for a 3month internship at NUS and NUS HR applied for a TEP for me,but my request was rejected after a week because I had not provided any financial documents. I sent the missing documents and appealed. It has been 4 weeks since I have appealed and got no answer yet. Does this mean my appeal is going to be rejected? The first time it did not take long to get the reject answer.
In MOM website they have mentioned it takes at least 3 weeks or a little more to get the answer to an appeal. What do they mean by a little more?

borneankid

Post by borneankid » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:17 pm

I'm currently an EP holder and just signed my offer letter for a new company. Is there a way to track my application status for the new EP? HR helped me to apply. When I try to input my FIN number into the MOM website, it just shows my current EP with my existing employer and no mention about any pending application.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 1:11 pm

Check with the HR of your potential new employer. They didn't "help" you to apply. They had to apply as the employer is the sponsor of the EP. They can tell you your current status.

Is it possible that they haven't uploaded it yet?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Wed, 22 Aug 2018 9:47 pm

My EP was applied on August 7th. Status in MOM site shows its still pending. Just wondering how long it might take.
Company Size: 5
Applied directly through the company
Nationality India
Salary upwards of 100k
Experience 9 years

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Aug 2018 9:33 am

3 day to 3 months. Is the company owned by an Indian National as well? If so, you might want to just keep your fingers crossed. If it's owned by an Indian national do they have any local employees at all? if not, you will probably need more than crossed fingers.

borneankid

Post by borneankid » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 5:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Check with the HR of your potential new employer. They didn't "help" you to apply. They had to apply as the employer is the sponsor of the EP. They can tell you your current status.

Is it possible that they haven't uploaded it yet?
Hi,
Apologies for the late reply. So yes, they did submit and apparently I'd have to key in my passport number (as that was what was used to submit my application) for the system to show my application (as opposed to the EP of my current employment).

I was rejected due to some technical issues and they've since appealed my application on 10/8. Still waiting as of today. *fingers crossed*

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 8:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:3 day to 3 months. Is the company owned by an Indian National as well? If so, you might want to just keep your fingers crossed. If it's owned by an Indian national do they have any local employees at all? if not, you will probably need more than crossed fingers.
The company is owned by an international conglomerate of multiple bigwigs and they have just setup operations in Singapore. Mine is a research position. Not sure about the number of locals though.

sophiapetil

Post by sophiapetil » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 2:33 pm

Can someone advise how long is the waiting time for EP approval.
Mine was cancelled 3 years ago and going back to Singapore to work again.

Title: VP1
Company: Local bank
Direct hire/Permanent

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Sep 2018 3:48 pm

3 days to 3 months. Even for those who have been here before. Now they are revetting the documentation a lot more closely than then used to do.

sophiapetil

Post by sophiapetil » Fri, 21 Sep 2018 5:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:3 days to 3 months. Even for those who have been here before. Now they are revetting the documentation a lot more closely than then used to do.
Thanks.

Megan Braks

Post by Megan Braks » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:16 pm

Hello, I am an S-pass holder last 2016 but due to personal problems need to take care of back home, I resigned and my pass was cancelled. I tried to find opportunities again this year and luckily I got a job offer just this August. I am happy that I have constant communication with my employer. Just today they updated me about their exciting upcoming projects. However, it had been 25 days now since they said they applied for my employment pass. I tried twice to be straightforward with them and ask about it but they never answered. All we talk about is work.

Since I can still remember my old s-pass details, I use it to log in with MOM online portal to check my application. Unfortunately, all it shows are the details of my old pass which is cancelled, no pending new application, whatsoever.

I wonder what is wrong and I am starting to feel anxious. Hoping to hear some of your opinion. Thank you guys.