Singapore Expats Forum

DP or LTVP ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.


DP or LTVP ?

Postby Hookipa » Mon, 21 Feb 2005 8:48 am

Does somebody know the answer ?
We are a couple of french newbie in singapore.
We are not married.
My partner has applied for an employment pass (he has a job, expat contract) and i applied for a LTVP because we are not married.
(For the moment we are still waiting, because documents are on going, we have only fin numbers).
But i read and heard that the woman can apply for a DP without beeing married but with a document of their country testimonying that we lived together ("concubinage certificate").
Is it right ?
Does somebody know how to do ?
thanks for your reply.

Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 22 Feb 2005


Postby lhanson » Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:43 pm

I am in the same position as you my friend. My boyfriend is an expat out in singapore. I am moving there early April with some leads on employment. However I do not have working papers, etc My leads do understand that and we have spoken about it, etc. However what is LTVP ??? Is it a long term paper? Please help thanks!


Postby hookipa » Thu, 24 Feb 2005 2:41 pm

a LTVP is a long term visit pass. you can't work with it.
We went to the ministry of manpower and they confirmed that without beeing married, the partner (woman) can only apply for a LTVP and not a dependant pass. But if i want to work, i need to apply for an employment pass. Each situation is different, it could depend from which country you come, if the parner is a man or a woman.
You boyfriend could perhaps go to to the mom for you.
good luck


  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest