Singapore Expats

PR Approved, but in a tricky situation

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
butterfly92

PR Approved, but in a tricky situation

Post by butterfly92 » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 4:47 pm

Hi guys,

I applied for my PR in June 2017, and got it appproved in February 2018.
My profile is as follows:

Female, Malaysian, 25, working in an MNC on the sales desk, been in Sg for 3 years

I'm still employed with company A where I have an active EP, however, I've accepted an offer with Company B, and the new EP in process has been approved in March 2018. My appointment with ICA for the formalities is due next week Tuesday.

I've spoken to ICA briefly about this situation, and they said it does not matter as long I am employed by the company I declared when I applied for the PR last year, and that the take unemployment pretty seriously which will cause in a potential rejection.

Can anyone advise how should I go along on this i.e.
- Leave it as it is and go about the formalities
- Tell Company B to cancel my EP while I perform the PR formalities (which MAY have an implication of my PR application in play)

Also, does anyone know how and what will my current company do to update MOM and/or CPF for CPF deduction, and will they find out I have a 2nd active EP?

Thanks - obviously freaking out a little too much.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Approved, but in a tricky situation

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 5:52 pm

butterfly92 wrote:Hi guys,

Female, Malaysian, 25, working in an MNC on the sales desk, been in Sg for 3 years

I'm still employed with company A where I have an active EP, however, I've accepted an offer with Company B, and the new EP in process has been approved in March 2018. My appointment with ICA for the formalities is due next week Tuesday.

I've spoken to ICA briefly about this situation, and they said it does not matter as long I am employed by the company I declared when I applied for the PR last year, and that the take unemployment pretty seriously which will cause in a potential rejection.

- Tell Company B to cancel my EP while I perform the PR formalities (which MAY have an implication of my PR application in play)

Also, does anyone know how and what will my current company do to update MOM and/or CPF for CPF deduction, and will they find out I have a 2nd active EP?

- Remain with Company A and complete formalities
- Even now your company A can find out that you have a new EP Application Approved, if they search with your Passport Number

But, do not worry. Just complete formalities with Company A and you will be fine. Once you get your PR, if you are really interested in Company B, you can resign from Company A, serve the notice properly and then join Company B

butterfly92

Re: PR Approved, but in a tricky situation

Post by butterfly92 » Fri, 09 Mar 2018 8:48 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
butterfly92 wrote:Hi guys,

- Remain with Company A and complete formalities
- Even now your company A can find out that you have a new EP Application Approved, if they search with your Passport Number

But, do not worry. Just complete formalities with Company A and you will be fine. Once you get your PR, if you are really interested in Company B, you can resign from Company A, serve the notice properly and then join Company B
Thank you so much!