Singapore Expats

PR rejected 3rd time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
venkat.lwapp

PR rejected 3rd time

Post by venkat.lwapp » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 1:10 pm

Very sad :???: , PR rejected for 3rd time.

Profile :

From India, NUS masters degree full time.Graduated 2011.

Stayed in SG from 2010 - 2013, worked Full time and had two NOA.
Went back to india in 2013 and back to SG in 2015.
In EP now, wife (DP) and kid (DP), single income.
Worked & working for a very very well known company in Singapore.

3rd time rejected , experts advice please.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR rejected 3rd time

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 1:47 pm

venkat.lwapp wrote:Very sad :???: , PR rejected for 3rd time.

Profile :

From India, NUS masters degree full time.Graduated 2011.

Stayed in SG from 2010 - 2013, worked Full time and had two NOA.
Went back to india in 2013 and back to SG in 2015.
In EP now, wife (DP) and kid (DP), single income.
Worked & working for a very very well known company in Singapore.

3rd time rejected , experts advice please.
You going back to India, clearly has shown that you may go back in future too. They want PR's to be permanent here.

venkat.lwapp

Post by venkat.lwapp » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for ur reply.

But came back again shows that am interested in SG, thought its a brownie point for me.

Anyways , have to wait and see :)

Any other pointers or advice?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 2:39 pm

venkat.lwapp wrote: But came back again shows that am interested in SG, thought its a brownie point for me.
I dont think so.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:15 am

venkat.lwapp wrote:But came back again shows that am interested in SG, thought its a brownie point for me.
No... your problem is that you left... no staying power. You worked in India for two years. Why? Because you couldn't find a job in Singapore? Because you got better pay in India?

Either way, that's a red flag. Now you are back. Why? Because you had a better deal than in India? What happens if you get a better deal in India again? Are you gone?

This is what ICA is thinking, and this is why you are rejected. So, maybe if you have five years of uninterrupted residency and work experience, maybe they will consider you.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 10:23 am

Strong Eagle wrote:So, maybe if you have five years of uninterrupted residency and work experience, maybe they will consider you.
+1

venkat.lwapp

Post by venkat.lwapp » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 11:38 am

No... your problem is that you left... no staying power. You worked in India for two years. Why? Because you couldn't find a job in Singapore? Because you got better pay in India?
At that time i was working in a very well known company in singapore, left really because of personal commitments.
Either way, that's a red flag. Now you are back. Why? Because you had a better deal than in India? What happens if you get a better deal in India again? Are you gone?
No, I never go and work for better deals, i love my work and what i am doing.I came to SG to stay as long as possible.
This is what ICA is thinking, and this is why you are rejected. So, maybe if you have five years of uninterrupted residency and work experience, maybe they will consider you.
Sure, thanks a lot for your inputs. I will continue to stay as much as possible

Adamly2006

Post by Adamly2006 » Fri, 09 Mar 2018 9:50 am

1. Nationality aside, as SG government has to keep a balanced ratio between different races.
2. During your stay in SG, you applied twice and got rejected twice I guess? You really followed the explanatory notes on ICA website, stating you can apply for PR after half a year’s stay in SG. But that’s just a joke. Repeated application and rejection will do no good at all, just a waste of time for ICA officers and you.
3. Some of my friends( all Chinese) complained a master degree in SG only is not as good as a bachelor degree or diploma in SG. There is no official statement about this, but as per the statistics( gathered and analyzed by shichengluntan, a SG based forum for Chinese), POLY diploma holders indeed has a much much higher pass rate than the other degree holders.
4. Again as per that forum “ analysis”, they think ICA values these factors in order for approving independent PR application( excludes those parents or spouses are already Singaporeans or PRs): nationality ( Malaysian Chinese preferred, Chinese from China and Malaysians from Malaysia and other races) , salary( the higher the better, but if you are the only bread earner in the family, your salary should be higher than 8k), length of stay( at least 2 years, unless you are very “special”), age( less than 40, the younger the better), tax and other contribution( actually much related to your salary), family stability( it’s rumored a boy kid is preferred. I personally doubt it), as for the company ranking, that’s a bonus, which only adds points when your other criteria has satisfied the ICA officers.
As the “ analysis” is in mandarin, so I did a rough translation for you, FYI only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:11 am

Adamly2006 wrote:1. Nationality aside, as SG government has to keep a balanced ratio between different races.
2. During your stay in SG, you applied twice and got rejected twice I guess? You really followed the explanatory notes on ICA website, stating you can apply for PR after half a year’s stay in SG. But that’s just a joke. Repeated application and rejection will do no good at all, just a waste of time for ICA officers and you.
3. Some of my friends( all Chinese) complained a master degree in SG only is not as good as a bachelor degree or diploma in SG. There is no official statement about this, but as per the statistics( gathered and analyzed by shichengluntan, a SG based forum for Chinese), POLY diploma holders indeed has a much much higher pass rate than the other degree holders.
4. Again as per that forum “ analysis”, they think ICA values these factors in order for approving independent PR application( excludes those parents or spouses are already Singaporeans or PRs): nationality ( Malaysian Chinese preferred, Chinese from China and Malaysians from Malaysia and other races) , salary( the higher the better, but if you are the only bread earner in the family, your salary should be higher than 8k), length of stay( at least 2 years, unless you are very “special”), age( less than 40, the younger the better), tax and other contribution( actually much related to your salary), family stability( it’s rumored a boy kid is preferred. I personally doubt it), as for the company ranking, that’s a bonus, which only adds points when your other criteria has satisfied the ICA officers.
As the “ analysis” is in mandarin, so I did a rough translation for you, FYI only.

A good and valid response. Shit my Malaysian Chinese single mother hairdresser got PR the other day.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Adamly2006

Post by Adamly2006 » Fri, 09 Mar 2018 11:25 am

PNGMK wrote:
Adamly2006 wrote:1. Nationality aside, as SG government has to keep a balanced ratio between different races.

A good and valid response. Shit my Malaysian Chinese single mother hairdresser got PR the other day.
Haha, actually all these analysis are not official but indeed can reflect something. I have many cases around me with seemingly “ humble” aspects got approved anyway. So if you are a Malaysian Chinese diploma holder, I guess the chance is 99%, no matter how shitty your other aspects might look like.