Singapore Expats Forum

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

Re: PR Pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:03 am

Yeah, it's for factually addressing people's questions. That's also why we keep a very healthy archive here as well. A little searching on your part will show you that you aren't asking for knowledge at all, just random bites of garbage as it is not consequential to anything in the application and just uses up bandwidth and makes the moderators have to wade through even more BS trying to keep the board clean. But please, continue to do so. It just makes certain elements continue to get a bad rep here just like in most other countries they try to abuse. Hard? yeah, but when you have been on this board for a dozen years trying to actually help people, even when they continue to try to impress us with their lack of common sense, we still try. So you will have to pardon us when the wick get short, we can only handle so much mindlessness before we have to vent. #-o ](*,)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:09 am

what is the existence of this thread? Any idea about it?

As there is no foul language, trolling, per se, nor advertising, It can't really be deleted. However, it does serve to show other readers how silly some of the posters who come on here asking the same question that means SFA to their getting a pass or not. Go buy toto or 4D - you will have a better chance of getting something that really matters and could make a difference.

borncurious

Postby borncurious » Mon, 02 Apr 2018 9:21 pm

It was an interesting thread for the many with 'pending' applications. Come on guys, please share your updates here..Many are waiting with their fingers crossed...

ppsls

Postby ppsls » Mon, 02 Apr 2018 9:24 pm

6.5 months and still pending!

borncurious

Postby borncurious » Tue, 03 Apr 2018 9:35 am

There seems to be no pattern or trend in the long term...Each application is unique and same with success...However, there are short term trends...For example, 2008-2009 saw majority of applications granted approval. Similarly, last a few years had high success rate for Malaysian Chinese and Indians had very poor chance. These short term trends might be due to constantly changing Government immigration policies to keep the right balance.

Presently, it seems that the processing time of PR applications has increased and many of the applications has been pending for more than 6 months. In the past, pending for more than 6 months had high chance of approval and i dont think thats will be the case for pending applications. It is just that, the processing time is more...Sharing in this 'pending; thread will help to understand what is going on, although nobody can predict ...

LiuPeng

Postby LiuPeng » Tue, 03 Apr 2018 9:51 am

Update: pending for 6.5 months; received a letter asking for parents background last month.

Spiderhai22

Postby Spiderhai22 » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 11:34 am

did anyone experience "No records found" status? I am on pending status as of yesterday.. then it was changed to no records found. my PR application is 6 months old as of yesterday.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 11:51 am

Spiderhai22 wrote:did anyone experience "No records found" status? I am on pending status as of yesterday.. then it was changed to no records found. my PR application is 6 months old as of yesterday.

Better call and check with ICA on the status

blaxsnake

Postby blaxsnake » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 1:14 pm

Spiderhai22 wrote:did anyone experience "No records found" status? I am on pending status as of yesterday.. then it was changed to no records found. my PR application is 6 months old as of yesterday.

its not gone.. you can still check in ePR as they start moving to ePR already..

LiuPeng

Postby LiuPeng » Thu, 05 Apr 2018 1:22 pm

blaxsnake wrote:

its not gone.. you can still check in ePR as they start moving to ePR already..

Thanks for the info. Just checked, still pending...

MrBear
Regular
Regular

Postby MrBear » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 4:10 pm

Just wanted to chime in here.

2nd time applying, just past 6 months start of this week. No sharp rejection as I checked today still pending.

I was in a bar last week and there were applications from various walks of life all pending. they dated Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov '17.

I have not seen any 6 months sharp so stop worrying about it. One day you will get a letter saying yes or no and there seems to be no pattern that the older timers on this board have managed to work out.

good luck to all those trying, try to forget about it until you see the letter in your mail then worry :)

MrB
The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:51 pm

And MrB has been around on this board for a decade but basically a lurker. He should know. ;-) We tell it like we see it, but often it's not what some of our readers want to hear as they come on here with preconceived answers to their questions and when we don't agree they take affront. You just have to wait it out. The MOM and ICA are constantly moving the goalposts like good little PAP soldiers should.

LiuPeng

Postby LiuPeng » Fri, 13 Apr 2018 9:22 am

I have stopped checking the status everyday, and almost forgotten the application dated back September last year.

Bakulii

Postby Bakulii » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 3:04 pm

Guess some of the applicants are just hoping for any info which can be taken as a good sign for their own applications........I do agree it's best to just apply and then forget about it till you actually receive a letter in your mailbox. No point in adding onto your anxiety by frequently checking the application status online; unless you consider that a thrill :wink:

Maria15

Postby Maria15 » Wed, 25 Apr 2018 3:35 pm

I just read most of PR applicant thread. And yes theres no pattern. Its just pure luck i guess? Only ica officer and god knows lol.

I apply early sept and got approved mail few days ago from ica.