Singapore Expats Forum

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ppsls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby ppsls » Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:42 pm

I applied on 20 Sep 2017. Status is still pending! :(

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:28 am

ppsls wrote:I applied on 20 Sep 2017. Status is still pending! :(

whats ur bground? myb sign of approvAL

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 9:06 am

I heard someone applied on 24 Sep 2017 got rejected yesterday...

ppsls
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 20 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby ppsls » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 9:31 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:
ppsls wrote:I applied on 20 Sep 2017. Status is still pending! :(

whats ur bground? myb sign of approvAL


Female
Malaysian Chinese
EP
Applied for PR when I had worked for 1.5 years, almost 2 years of working for now.

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 9:45 am

ppsls wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
ppsls wrote:I applied on 20 Sep 2017. Status is still pending! :(

whats ur bground? myb sign of approvAL


Female
Malaysian Chinese
EP
Applied for PR when I had worked for 1.5 years, almost 2 years of working for now.

I guess you have a higher chance of approval based on your background.

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 3:18 pm

LiuPeng wrote:I heard someone applied on 24 Sep 2017 got rejected yesterday...

ok which date you applied btw?

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 4:10 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:I heard someone applied on 24 Sep 2017 got rejected yesterday...

ok which date you applied btw?

26

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 4:38 pm

ppsls wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
ppsls wrote:I applied on 20 Sep 2017. Status is still pending! :(

whats ur bground? myb sign of approvAL


Female
Malaysian Chinese
EP
Applied for PR when I had worked for 1.5 years, almost 2 years of working for now.

do keep us posted for the result ... ya malaysia chinese is a go for PR.. my friend on spass and work only few years got approved so fast, malaysian chinese female also..

LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:I heard someone applied on 24 Sep 2017 got rejected yesterday...

ok which date you applied btw?

26


do keep us posted also for yours.. *fingercrossed

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 4:54 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
ppsls wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:whats ur bground? myb sign of approvAL


Female
Malaysian Chinese
EP
Applied for PR when I had worked for 1.5 years, almost 2 years of working for now.

do keep us posted for the result ... ya malaysia chinese is a go for PR.. my friend on spass and work only few years got approved so fast, malaysian chinese female also..

LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:ok which date you applied btw?

26


do keep us posted also for yours.. *fingercrossed

Sure thing. I also heard that one guy applied on 11/11/2017 received a letter to update his family info yesterday.

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 4:55 pm

LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
ppsls wrote:
Female
Malaysian Chinese
EP
Applied for PR when I had worked for 1.5 years, almost 2 years of working for now.

do keep us posted for the result ... ya malaysia chinese is a go for PR.. my friend on spass and work only few years got approved so fast, malaysian chinese female also..

LiuPeng wrote:26


do keep us posted also for yours.. *fingercrossed

Sure thing. I also heard that one guy applied on 11/11/2017 received a letter to update his family info yesterday.

normally if ICA gives a follow up to ask for this n that.. it might be a good sign..
else, they might not care and like the above, just wait till the 6months sharp and expect a rejection already

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Wed, 21 Mar 2018 5:43 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:do keep us posted for the result ... ya malaysia chinese is a go for PR.. my friend on spass and work only few years got approved so fast, malaysian chinese female also..



do keep us posted also for yours.. *fingercrossed

Sure thing. I also heard that one guy applied on 11/11/2017 received a letter to update his family info yesterday.

normally if ICA gives a follow up to ask for this n that.. it might be a good sign..
else, they might not care and like the above, just wait till the 6months sharp and expect a rejection already


Agree. I was wondering they start to look at the Nov-2017's applications, while keep us Sep-Oct's waiting.

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 9:46 am

Just don't understand why they have to let us wait for so long.. If in the end they reject its better to reject in the first 3 months instead of us have to wait till 6 months and reject.. At least we save 3months before submitting the next application.. Cos we have to wait 6months after getting rejection before applying again..

I would prefer if they want to reject, just like the previous attempts where they reject just in 3mths.. So we can move on to the next step, either appeal directly or wait for 6months with fresh submission..

LiuPeng
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby LiuPeng » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 10:19 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:Just don't understand why they have to let us wait for so long.. If in the end they reject its better to reject in the first 3 months instead of us have to wait till 6 months and reject.. At least we save 3months before submitting the next application.. Cos we have to wait 6months after getting rejection before applying again..

I would prefer if they want to reject, just like the previous attempts where they reject just in 3mths.. So we can move on to the next step, either appeal directly or wait for 6months with fresh submission..

Agree. I guess there is a huge amount of applications last year...leading to a slow processing time and less chance for each applicant to get accepted.

jm92
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 12 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby jm92 » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 11:12 am

LiuPeng wrote:
jackyjacky88 wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:I heard someone applied on 24 Sep 2017 got rejected yesterday...

ok which date you applied btw?

26

wow coincidence.. your application date exactly the same with me

abc.expact
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 22 Mar 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby abc.expact » Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:35 pm

Hello everyone,

i am indian nationality and working singapore from 5 years, current salary is 7k.
i applied PR on 23-aug-2017 and the applicaiton is still pending, 7 months by now.

is there any chances of getting approved?

Regards,
Abdul


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest