Singapore Expats Forum

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35696
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 18 Nov 2018 10:39 am

I've worked in Malaysia, but never lived there. I'm from the Eastern Shore of Maryland on the banks of the Chesapeake Bay. Old dairy farmer turned pilot, diver and for the past 20 years, HR Manager.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue, 05 Oct 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Pending

Postby BBCDoc » Thu, 22 Nov 2018 6:40 pm

SMS,

Cool! I lived in MD/Baltimore for 4 years, loved it there...I’ll watch The Wire when I feel like I miss it too much


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

Thomastiger
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 28 Nov 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby Thomastiger » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 8:23 am

Hi , anyone get PR approval after pending for almost 6 months ? My second application was pending for 5 months plus . Is that a good sign ?

jdkexpat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 05 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby jdkexpat » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 9:43 am

Thomastiger wrote:Hi , anyone get PR approval after pending for almost 6 months ? My second application was pending for 5 months plus . Is that a good sign ?
If you have read most of the posts in here already, it is safe to assume that the outcome of every PR application can be different even if your salary/background/experience is same as a person whose application was approved. The application pending time has nothing to do with higher chances of approval or denial. Sometimes it takes longer to know the result and sometimes its very short. It could very likely be the number of applications being processed at the same time.

All I can say is that if you get your PR approved this time, good for you. if not, try applying again in an year or two, but make sure you contribute to the economy by making donations, volunteering, etc. The idea is,what makes your application different from the other thousands of applications submitted.

I have been waiting for the approval as well, I submitted my ePR application in August this year, just before the national day.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bakulii
Regular
Regular
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon, 15 Dec 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: PR Pending

Postby Bakulii » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 11:32 am

jdkexpat wrote:
Thomastiger wrote:Hi , anyone get PR approval after pending for almost 6 months ? My second application was pending for 5 months plus . Is that a good sign ?
If you have read most of the posts in here already, it is safe to assume that the outcome of every PR application can be different even if your salary/background/experience is same as a person whose application was approved. The application pending time has nothing to do with higher chances of approval or denial. Sometimes it takes longer to know the result and sometimes its very short. It could very likely be the number of applications being processed at the same time.

All I can say is that if you get your PR approved this time, good for you. if not, try applying again in an year or two, but make sure you contribute to the economy by making donations, volunteering, etc. The idea is,what makes your application different from the other thousands of applications submitted.

I have been waiting for the approval as well, I submitted my ePR application in August this year, just before the national day.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


in my case, I haven't done any volunteering or donations and my PR and subsequently Citizenship were still approved. Goes to show there's no "model answer" to this sort of question

honeycarey
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon, 11 Jun 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby honeycarey » Wed, 28 Nov 2018 11:37 am

Yup. The short answer is nobody will know anything regardless of duration of wait, qualifications, age, salary, etc.

It's all in ICA's discretion, really.

Applicants from Malaysia might get a slightly higher chances of approval but I've also seen Malaysians getting rejected for PR even after being in SG for more than 2 years.

TL; DR: Nobody knows for sure...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Singaporeuser2007
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 18 Jun 2017

Re: PR Pending

Postby Singaporeuser2007 » Sat, 01 Dec 2018 4:50 pm

honeycarey wrote:Yup. The short answer is nobody will know anything regardless of duration of wait, qualifications, age, salary, etc.

It's all in ICA's discretion, really.

Applicants from Malaysia might get a slightly higher chances of approval but I've also seen Malaysians getting rejected for PR even after being in SG for more than 2 years.

TL; DR: Nobody knows for sure...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I'm a Malaysian and being rejected for more than 3 times.

Recently just obtained PR.

There's no short cut, fast and easy only for those has outstanding profile..

All the best everyone!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

redvolution
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 01 Oct 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby redvolution » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 12:06 am

feanor wrote:
redvolution wrote:Hi!

My hubby PR got rejected the first time(waited for3 months and got rejected). I applied for him again in March and status is still pending.

Im Singaporean, self-employed, small biz. Annual income about 50k. Previously when I applied for him, Im still a freelance and unstable income.
My hubby is a Filipino Chinese, 30 years old.
His salary $3.1k (incl allowance), S pass, Uni grad, staying in SG for 6 years.
We are married for 1 year 11 month. We have 1 son, 9 month old, Singaporean.
Applied him as Chinese instead of Filipino as I'm hoping that being a Chinese will helps to increase his chance. We went to find our area MP to write in letter as well.

What you guys think? He is not E pass and not earning super high salary, only a executive level. Does this affect his chance of getting approved? I hope he will get approve soon as we hope to BTO instead of squeezing in my parent's house. :( Why is is so hard to get PR even when he has a family here.


You can apply a BTO even if your husband doesn't have PR as you have a Singaporean baby.



Oh really? I thought we are not able to do so

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35696
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 9:02 am


gogokevingo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby gogokevingo » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:38 pm

I just submitted my PR application today. This is the second time in my 4 years in Singapore. Hopefully, i get it.

Sent from my vivo NEX S using Tapatalk

jdkexpat
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun, 05 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby jdkexpat » Wed, 05 Dec 2018 11:27 pm

gogokevingo wrote:I just submitted my PR application today. This is the second time in my 4 years in Singapore. Hopefully, i get it.

Sent from my vivo NEX S using Tapatalk
Good luck with your application! I submitted in August this year, 4 months and still counting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

fairy tale
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 07 Jan 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby fairy tale » Mon, 04 Feb 2019 10:07 pm

Finally got my PR approve after waiting for 10+ months! :)

Applied PR on March 2018. This is my 2nd time applying. Tried to applied back in 2013-14 when still single & rejected. 2nd time apply after married & approved.

My husband is Malaysian-Chinese (PR since 2009) and he’s my sponsor. We dont have kids yet. Im female, Indonesian Chinese.

Beautiful CNY gift :mrgreen:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35696
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: PR Pending

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 04 Feb 2019 11:04 pm

Congratulations. May you be blessed with at least two children! :-)

jackyjacky88
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun, 02 Aug 2015

Re: PR Pending

Postby jackyjacky88 » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 12:13 am

Hi i just gotten my PR and on my 29y.o. Im seriously wanting to get 1x unit of HDB as im planning to get my parents migrate here for their retirement.
my siblings is a PR too more than 10years ago but i saw on HDB website, im not able to pair up with her to get an HDB anymore
I got 2 options:
option 1.. getting wife who are singaporean/PR which i dont think there will be an issue if both of us obtaining either BTO or normal HDB
option 2.. my wife is just holding workpass which will not be easy as i need to wait till im 35 years old and counted as a "single" .. considering nowadays getting PR is super difficult.
can i know if i am on option 2, what will be the alternate ways for me to apply for HDB?

Aurora87
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 08 May 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby Aurora87 » Wed, 06 Feb 2019 9:55 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:Hi i just gotten my PR and on my 29y.o. Im seriously wanting to get 1x unit of HDB as im planning to get my parents migrate here for their retirement.
my siblings is a PR too more than 10years ago but i saw on HDB website, im not able to pair up with her to get an HDB anymore
I got 2 options:
option 1.. getting wife who are singaporean/PR which i dont think there will be an issue if both of us obtaining either BTO or normal HDB
option 2.. my wife is just holding workpass which will not be easy as i need to wait till im 35 years old and counted as a "single" .. considering nowadays getting PR is super difficult.
can i know if i am on option 2, what will be the alternate ways for me to apply for HDB?


for option 1, if your wife were only a PR, then you won't be able to apply for a BTO.
for option 2, single scheme is only for Citizen and not PR. So It is not applicable to you unless you are a citizen by the age of 35.
Why don't you sponsor your wife? I know It takes more time until it gets approved, and you need to wait 3 more years until you can purchase an HDB. But I don't see any other options.

You can try to opt for a private property though.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest