Singapore Expats Forum

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
honeycarey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 11 Jun 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby honeycarey » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 9:53 am

sky91 wrote:Race: Chinese
Nationality : Malaysia
Gender: Male
Salary: 3.9k Monthly
Occupation: Software Engineer
Qualification : Degree
Submission Date: 16 Jan 2018
Duration in Singapore: Since 2016

Status still pending.... Applied via e-PR, it has been almost 7 months.


Waiting time these days is between 6-10 months. What I heard is if you don't get rejected in the first 3-4 months then you'll be sorta safe. But hang on tight to the faith and have a bit more patience - I'm sure you'll get your answer soon enough! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky91
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby sky91 » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 1:59 pm

honeycarey wrote:
sky91 wrote:Race: Chinese
Nationality : Malaysia
Gender: Male
Salary: 3.9k Monthly
Occupation: Software Engineer
Qualification : Degree
Submission Date: 16 Jan 2018
Duration in Singapore: Since 2016

Status still pending.... Applied via e-PR, it has been almost 7 months.


Waiting time these days is between 6-10 months. What I heard is if you don't get rejected in the first 3-4 months then you'll be sorta safe. But hang on tight to the faith and have a bit more patience - I'm sure you'll get your answer soon enough! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why they want to take so long time since it is softcopy based. Many operations can be decided by clicking a button.

honeycarey
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon, 11 Jun 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby honeycarey » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:06 pm

sky91 wrote:
honeycarey wrote:
sky91 wrote:Race: Chinese
Nationality : Malaysia
Gender: Male
Salary: 3.9k Monthly
Occupation: Software Engineer
Qualification : Degree
Submission Date: 16 Jan 2018
Duration in Singapore: Since 2016

Status still pending.... Applied via e-PR, it has been almost 7 months.


Waiting time these days is between 6-10 months. What I heard is if you don't get rejected in the first 3-4 months then you'll be sorta safe. But hang on tight to the faith and have a bit more patience - I'm sure you'll get your answer soon enough! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why they want to take so long time since it is softcopy based. Many operations can be decided by clicking a button.



That negative attitude won’t help anything, that’s for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sky91
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby sky91 » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:10 pm

honeycarey wrote:
sky91 wrote:
honeycarey wrote:
Waiting time these days is between 6-10 months. What I heard is if you don't get rejected in the first 3-4 months then you'll be sorta safe. But hang on tight to the faith and have a bit more patience - I'm sure you'll get your answer soon enough! :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why they want to take so long time since it is softcopy based. Many operations can be decided by clicking a button.



That negative attitude won’t help anything, that’s for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know it wont help anything. Just curious why.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016

PR Pending

Postby jamie9vardy » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:14 pm

sky91 wrote:Not sure why they want to take so long time since it is softcopy based. Many operations can be decided by clicking a button.

Because ICA cannot afford to take whatever documents and representation you have submitted at face value. It needs to go through due screening process and it depends on how cooperative your college/university and relevant govt authorities in your home country are. If they are slow in responding, then it could have a bearing on the processing time.

The part on ‘many operations can be decided by clicking a button’ is very applicable when it come to rejection. If you’re hoping for a positive outcome then you just got to wait for the due process to take place.
Last edited by jamie9vardy on Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sky91
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby sky91 » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:16 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
sky91 wrote:Not sure why they want to take so long time since it is softcopy based. Many operations can be decided by clicking a button.

Because ICA cannot afford to take whatever documents and representation you have submitted at face value. It needs to go through due screening process and it depends on how cooperative your college/university and relevant govt authorities in your home country are. If they are slow in responding, then it could have a bearing in the processing time.

The part on ‘many operations can be decided by clicking a button’ is very applicable when it come to rejection. If you’re hoping for a positive outcome then you just got to wait for the due process to take place.

Ok, super clear now :)

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Pending

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 2:44 pm

Mine has been pending for exactly 9 months today. Is it advisable to write to them?

That's what my colleague said she did btw. She claims to have received her approval 2 weeks after. But dunno whether she is telling the truth or trying to sabo me. =(

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR Pending

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 3:00 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Mine has been pending for exactly 9 months today. Is it advisable to write to them?

That's what my colleague said she did btw. She claims to have received her approval 2 weeks after. But dunno whether she is telling the truth or trying to sabo me. =(


Please dont rush, look desperate and get rejected.

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Pending

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 3:02 pm

okay. tahan laaaa >.< thanks!

jaggajasoos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 29 Aug 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby jaggajasoos » Wed, 29 Aug 2018 6:18 pm

I am 26 Indian male.
Bachelor's in Engineering from India
Master's from Singapore Management University
In Singapore since 2016
Working as a Software Developer on EP salary 5k pm. Total work experience 4 years in IT. Applied for PR in last week of Jan 2018 status shows still pending, can anyone tell if I have chance of approval?
Thanks in Advance

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: PR Pending

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 29 Aug 2018 8:23 pm

jaggajasoos wrote:I am 26 Indian male.
Bachelor's in Engineering from India
Master's from Singapore Management University
In Singapore since 2016
Working as a Software Developer on EP salary 5k pm. Total work experience 4 years in IT. Applied for PR in last week of Jan 2018 status shows still pending, can anyone tell if I have chance of approval?
Thanks in Advance


Low chance as you have been for a very short duration in SG. I am sure you dont have the needed 3 years of IRAS tax returns.

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Pending

Postby samuraibeefburger » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 1:15 am

is 3 years of IRAS tax returns really a pre-requisite, though? i have so many friends who obtained PR status after just 2 years in SG. Not me, though. =(

YKit
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 09 Jun 2018

Re: PR Pending

Postby YKit » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 6:47 am

Samurai, you got your results out already ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samuraibeefburger
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: PR Pending

Postby samuraibeefburger » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 8:50 am

Not yet. Still pending. =(

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11110
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: PR Pending

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 9:25 am

jaggajasoos wrote:I am 26 Indian male.
Bachelor's in Engineering from India
Master's from Singapore Management University
In Singapore since 2016
Working as a Software Developer on EP salary 5k pm. Total work experience 4 years in IT. Applied for PR in last week of Jan 2018 status shows still pending, can anyone tell if I have chance of approval?
Thanks in Advance


Only a guess... and I guess a very low chance.

  1. Only 2 years in country - not enough time.
  2. Only 5K salary with a masters degree - not enough
  3. Only 5K salary with 4 years experience - not enough
  4. I get that you are single - nothing to tie you down
  5. Indian - not the flavor of the month


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests