Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jackyjacky88

Re: PR Pending

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 08 May 2018 12:11 pm

Aurora87 wrote:Just got my PR approved. Below is my profile for referrence:

Applied as a couple.
Nationality: both Indonesian
Race: both Chinese
Annual basic income: 90k++ (wife is not working, but living in SG)
Length of stay in SG (during submission): +/- 3years (done only 2 tax assessment at that time)
Waiting time: about 6 month
hi are u saying both you and your wife got the PR tho your wife not working at the moment?
6 months is fast.. mine already 7month++ no news yet..

Aurora87

Post by Aurora87 » Thu, 10 May 2018 10:24 am

jackyjacky88 wrote:
Aurora87 wrote:Just got my PR approved. Below is my profile for referrence:

Applied as a couple.
Nationality: both Indonesian
Race: both Chinese
Annual basic income: 90k++ (wife is not working, but living in SG)
Length of stay in SG (during submission): +/- 3years (done only 2 tax assessment at that time)
Waiting time: about 6 month
hi are u saying both you and your wife got the PR tho your wife not working at the moment?
6 months is fast.. mine already 7month++ no news yet..
yup both of us got approved.
I guess one of the important thing was that we showed them that we really want to stay here in SG.
We bought insurances and do investment in SG (medical, term-life, whole-life, endowments, wealth management, etc).
We also rarely send money home (only when necessary), so almost all of our savings are here in SG.

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Mon, 14 May 2018 1:09 pm

^ Indonesian, Chinese
I don't see how your PR application can fail..

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Mon, 14 May 2018 5:02 pm

My PR has been granted. Thank you all for the accompany and help (my special thanks go to singaporeflyer). I wish you all good luck for your applications.

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Mon, 14 May 2018 11:03 pm

LiuPeng wrote:My PR has been granted. Thank you all for the accompany and help (my special thanks go to singaporeflyer). I wish you all good luck for your applications.
congratulations! which date exactly you applied and how long been waiting for it?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 May 2018 11:11 pm

If he gives you the date of application, you're not smart enough to figure out how long he's been waiting? Maybe you shouldn't even be applying. =D>
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Mon, 14 May 2018 11:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If he gives you the date of application, you're not smart enough to figure out how long he's been waiting? Maybe you shouldn't even be applying. =D>
yes you are absolutely right.. i shudnt be applying in first place.. :???: :???:

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 15 May 2018 1:31 pm

LiuPeng wrote:My PR has been granted. Thank you all for the accompany and help (my special thanks go to singaporeflyer). I wish you all good luck for your applications.
Congratulations LiuPeng.
Btw, did you get any letter asking family details or received IPA/Approval directly?

Thanks!

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 15 May 2018 2:00 pm

titans2857 wrote:
Congratulations LiuPeng.
Btw, did you get any letter asking family details or received IPA/Approval directly?

Thanks!
I got a letter asking family details two months ago.

kayh90

Post by kayh90 » Tue, 15 May 2018 2:36 pm

:cry: i've submitted my application on 25 august 2017. till date, application still pending. Anyone share the same fate with me ?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 15 May 2018 3:44 pm

kayh90 wrote::cry: i've submitted my application on 25 august 2017. till date, application still pending. Anyone share the same fate with me ?
You haven't been rejected so sit back and relax!!!
Life is short, paddle harder!!

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:15 pm

kayh90 wrote::cry: i've submitted my application on 25 august 2017. till date, application still pending. Anyone share the same fate with me ?
FCEE8A56-340B-457A-B4C2-A67312289BF0.jpeg

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:37 pm

[img]Truckfulloflikes-lg.jpg[/img]
Attachments
Truckfulloflikes-lg.jpg
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

titans2857

Post by titans2857 » Tue, 15 May 2018 4:44 pm

Pending since May 2017, but still haven't reached the stage of crying, lol
So my friend, expect the best but prepare for worst, as the old saying goes.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 15 May 2018 5:24 pm

^^^This!

Always have a Plan B and the knowledge that it might not be approved. Then go on about your life as per normal. If at some point in the future they should send you a letter saying you have been given an IPA. Then celebrate OR turn it down.

But don't let it rule your lives (which is what most on here sound like). If you get a rejection 3mos down the road, be thankful. Even at 6 or 9 months, if rejected, be thankful. There are a lot of souls on here who have not heard anything for 18 months and were then rejected. Also, we have had them here for 18 months and were eventually accepted (I think the longest was 22 or 23 months). So all the comparing of profiles, schools, mothers & fathers, siblings, age, volunteering, and having babies may or may not make a difference, neither does the date you apply or how you hold your mouth when you click the enter button to upload your application. You are judged individually and only your basic profiles are being used. The point system they use is not public knowledge and we try our best to see trends here but we don't make estimates, except in the broadest sense, on one's chances as we know squat about each poster, generally speaking. Also the government uses a moving set of goalposts all the time depending on what the government feels the need more of at any given time.