Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bluescreamer

Re: PR Pending

Post by bluescreamer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:37 pm

Hi guys & girls,
Been reading some of the topics in this forum recently & feel its time for me to get evaluated.
Could you help a bro out? And if its the right time to submit all the docs now :D

My profile:
Malaysian Chinese, Male, 26 years old, Single
Been here since September 2016
First on Student Pass (Completed my Masters in a top French Business school here)
Then on EP for 6 months til now, basic SGD3600/month in a digital/investment startup -biz dev role

I've also read & found that the cover letters, additional docs - volunteering work/donation etc seem to be unnecessary. (unlike what the 'immigration consultants' claim that my profile will stand out if they help decorate my profile with more docs)
Wondering if a 'thick' bank account will add value to the PR application too?

Please let me know if I left out any details.
Appreciate it.

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:49 pm

bluescreamer wrote:Hi guys & girls,
Been reading some of the topics in this forum recently & feel its time for me to get evaluated.
Could you help a bro out? And if its the right time to submit all the docs now :D

My profile:
First on Student Pass (Completed my Masters in a top French Business school here)
Then on EP for 6 months til now, basic SGD3600/month in a digital/investment startup -biz dev role

I've also read & found that the cover letters, additional docs - volunteering work/donation etc seem to be unnecessary. (unlike what the 'immigration consultants' claim that my profile will stand out if they help decorate my profile with more docs)

Appreciate it.
> 90% chance of approval, if you ask me. =P

and yea, in my experience, cover letters and additional docs, etc don't seem to be necessary. not sure if a "thick" bank account helps, but it's probably a bonus! all best!

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 12:51 pm

m.mohamedyusuff wrote:
samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi everyone,

Just want to share that my e-PR status finally changed to APPROVED today. Pending period was approximately 9.5 months. I am beyond grateful. Thank you so much to everyone who've helped and shared thoughtful advice this whole time. I am beyond grateful.

But...what happens now? Do I wait for the IPA letter to be delivered to my residential address? How long do I have to wait before I get it usually?
Hey bro, would you mind sharing how many times you have applied before and please help us with your valuable inputs, that would be indeed a great help for everyone hoping to become a PR here. Thanks.

Good Luck with your new status! :)
Hmmm, I'm not sure how my personal information would help with your application, but I am Malaysian Chinese. On EP. This was my first application.

bluescreamer

Post by bluescreamer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 1:16 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:

My profile:

Appreciate it.

and yea, in my experience, cover letters and additional docs, etc don't seem to be necessary. not sure if a "thick" bank account helps, but it's probably a bonus! all best!
Hey beefburger, thanks for your reply

So you're saying based on your application (& congrats on the approval too haha), you only submitted the basic required docs & nothing extra?

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 1:54 pm

bluescreamer wrote:
samuraibeefburger wrote:

My profile:

Appreciate it.

Hey beefburger, thanks for your reply

So you're saying based on your application (& congrats on the approval too haha), you only submitted the basic required docs & nothing extra?
yeps. that was the case for me.

bluescreamer

Post by bluescreamer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 5:35 pm

I see. But yours was still the old PR application where you had to submit the docs in person?

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 5:41 pm

bluescreamer wrote:I see. But yours was still the old PR application where you had to submit the docs in person?
yeps. it was one of the final batches. =)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 7:22 pm

My profile:

Appreciate it.
Did you post in other threads in the forum with the same details?

bluescreamer

Post by bluescreamer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 7:30 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

My profile:

Appreciate it.
Yeah man, thanks for noticing. Trying to get more opinions :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 7:51 pm

bluescreamer wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

My profile:

Appreciate it.
Yeah man, thanks for noticing. Trying to get more opinions :)
We dont like duplicate posts.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 01 Oct 2018 9:22 pm

bluescreamer wrote:Yeah man, thanks for noticing. Trying to get more opinions :)
Don't do that. We don't like multiple crossposts in this forum.

redvolution

Post by redvolution » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:15 am

Hi!

My hubby PR got rejected the first time(waited for3 months and got rejected). I applied for him again in March and status is still pending.

Im Singaporean, self-employed, small biz. Annual income about 50k. Previously when I applied for him, Im still a freelance and unstable income.
My hubby is a Filipino Chinese, 30 years old.
His salary $3.1k (incl allowance), S pass, Uni grad, staying in SG for 6 years.
We are married for 1 year 11 month. We have 1 son, 9 month old, Singaporean.
Applied him as Chinese instead of Filipino as I'm hoping that being a Chinese will helps to increase his chance. We went to find our area MP to write in letter as well.

What you guys think? He is not E pass and not earning super high salary, only a executive level. Does this affect his chance of getting approved? I hope he will get approve soon as we hope to BTO instead of squeezing in my parent's house. :( Why is is so hard to get PR even when he has a family here.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:48 am

Often, if a S.E.Asian marries a local gal here, they tend to look at it as maybe the guy is marrying only to get PR. It happens quite often. So, you might have to deal with it for a couple of years. Now as a Singaporean, you were probably one of the complainers about FTs. Shoe is on the other foot now that you are married to one and have a family. Tight isn't it? Hopefully you didn't tell the immigration officer you want his PR so you can buy a BTO. Die-die already. Only three months you had to wait? Some have waited 20 months and been rejected, others approved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:51 am

redvolution wrote:Hi!

My hubby PR got rejected the first time(waited for3 months and got rejected). I applied for him again in March and status is still pending.

Im Singaporean, self-employed, small biz. Annual income about 50k. Previously when I applied for him, Im still a freelance and unstable income.
My hubby is a Filipino Chinese, 30 years old.
His salary $3.1k (incl allowance), S pass, Uni grad, staying in SG for 6 years.
We are married for 1 year 11 month. We have 1 son, 9 month old, Singaporean.
Applied him as Chinese instead of Filipino as I'm hoping that being a Chinese will helps to increase his chance. We went to find our area MP to write in letter as well.

What you guys think? He is not E pass and not earning super high salary, only a executive level. Does this affect his chance of getting approved? I hope he will get approve soon as we hope to BTO instead of squeezing in my parent's house. :( Why is is so hard to get PR even when he has a family here.
He will get it this time or wait for 1 year and reapply. Very likely he will get it

redvolution

Post by redvolution » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 7:09 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Often, if a S.E.Asian marries a local gal here, they tend to look at it as maybe the guy is marrying only to get PR. It happens quite often. So, you might have to deal with it for a couple of years. Now as a Singaporean, you were probably one of the complainers about FTs. Shoe is on the other foot now that you are married to one and have a family. Tight isn't it? Hopefully you didn't tell the immigration officer you want his PR so you can buy a BTO. Die-die already. Only three months you had to wait? Some have waited 20 months and been rejected, others approved.
Haha! Seriously I have never complaint about about FT steal our jobs because my work always has alot of FT and some of them are more hardworking than us. If I don't like FT, I definitely won't marry one. :P When I submitted for him the 2nd time, it is under the new system. We just submit online and didnt get to see any immigration officer. Thanks for the honest feedback thou :)