Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rajsingapore

Re: PR Pending

Post by rajsingapore » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 10:58 am

I got mine and my family's (wife and 10 year old son) PR applications rejected exactly after 9 months of application. I would be very thankful if anybody can suggest me further course of action as to when i should reapply, any process of appeal etc.

Best Regards,
Raj

P.S. This was my first application (profile for reference: Indian/ Masters/ Banker/ in SG since 2014/ annual family income > SGD 200k)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:21 am

rajsingapore wrote:I got mine and my family's (wife and 10 year old son) PR applications rejected exactly after 9 months of application. I would be very thankful if anybody can suggest me further course of action as to when i should reapply, any process of appeal etc.

Best Regards,
Raj

P.S. This was my first application (profile for reference: Indian/ Masters/ Banker/ in SG since 2014/ annual family income > SGD 200k)
1. Read through other threads.
2. Negatives - are just 3.5 years in SG, Indian
3. Banking profession with high salary

Stay longer and apply after 2-3 years from now.

rajsingapore

Post by rajsingapore » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:31 am

Thanks for the advise. Although I am quite disheartened but will try may be a year later. However sometimes i cant understand how some people get PR within 1-2 years in SG only. One of my friends (who is also an Indian but has British passport) got his PR within 8 months of arriving in Singapore. So not sure about my chances as anything under the sun could have gone against me.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:44 am

rajsingapore wrote:Thanks for the advise. Although I am quite disheartened but will try may be a year later. However sometimes i cant understand how some people get PR within 1-2 years in SG only. One of my friends (who is also an Indian but has British passport) got his PR within 8 months of arriving in Singapore. So not sure about my chances as anything under the sun could have gone against me.
There may be differences that you do not see in your friend's application that ICA can see. Secondly, he has a British passport which has greater value and recognition than an Indian passport. Was he born in SG or naturalized to get his British passport?

rajsingapore

Post by rajsingapore » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:49 am

he was born in India but shifted to London few years back and got British passport. He came to Singapore in 2016 only and got his PR last year.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:56 am

rajsingapore wrote:he was born in India but shifted to London few years back and got British passport. He came to Singapore in 2016 only and got his PR last year.
He will surely be having special skillsets that ICA feels is a value add to Singapore.

devd

Post by devd » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 2:36 pm

Hi, I have applied my pr application in September 2017 and still its pending. I am holding EP and staying in singapore from 2013.
I did my master from NTU and now working as researcher in NTU. My annual salary is 87K. my nationality is Indian and I am single. Please let me know what are the chances of getting the PR or how many months have to wait.
Thanks

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 2:41 pm

devd wrote:Hi, I have applied my pr application in September 2017 and still its pending. I am holding EP and staying in singapore from 2013.
I did my master from NTU and now working as researcher in NTU. My annual salary is 87K. my nationality is Indian and I am single. Please let me know what are the chances of getting the PR or how many months have to wait.
Thanks
30-70 (Get PR- wont Get PR)
No one here can tell you how many months more you need to wait....

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 5:17 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
devd wrote:Hi, I have applied my pr application in September 2017 and still its pending. I am holding EP and staying in singapore from 2013.
Thanks
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you come up with the assessment? I've read in other threads that once you've crossed the 6th month mark, you have a "better" chance of an approval? Or have I mistaken? :(

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 6:24 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thanks
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how do you come up with the assessment? I've read in other threads that once you've crossed the 6th month mark, you have a "better" chance of an approval? Or have I mistaken? :(
Very much mistaken.

Length of time have no bearing whether you will get approved or rejected.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

superheng

Post by superheng » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 6:34 pm

I just paid my personal Tax of 2018, should I write in to update ICA for this? My concern is that; I just wrote in to update my new employment pass 2 months ago, and my PR application has been pending 10 months since November, is it necessary to update Tax payment now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 6:37 pm

Barnsley wrote:
samuraibeefburger wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: 30-70 (Get PR- wont Get PR)
Very much mistaken.

Length of time have no bearing whether you will get approved or rejected.
Okay. :cry:

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 6:39 pm

superheng wrote:I just paid my personal Tax of 2018, should I write in to update ICA for this? My concern is that; I just wrote in to update my new employment pass 2 months ago, and my PR application has been pending 10 months since November, is it necessary to update Tax payment now?

I could be wrong, but I think no need la. ICA has access to IRAS anyway.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 10 Sep 2018 7:19 pm

superheng wrote:I just paid my personal Tax of 2018, should I write in to update ICA for this? My concern is that; I just wrote in to update my new employment pass 2 months ago, and my PR application has been pending 10 months since November, is it necessary to update Tax payment now?
Chances for you to get approved is going to be very slim. The reason being you changed jobs when PR is in progress...Unless your salary hike is really exponential.

TWeeZY

Post by TWeeZY » Tue, 11 Sep 2018 12:27 pm

Hi, can anybody advise if a divorce status will affect my child and my PR application? Thanks