Singapore Expats

PR Pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LiuPeng

PR Pending

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 1:37 pm

Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR Pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:10 pm

LiuPeng wrote:Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!
Takes between 4 months - 1 year for PR results to be out. You might have applied a little early is what I feel, but your PHD may make up for that....Hang on....

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:15 pm

LiuPeng wrote:Hi to all, I obtained the local PhD degree at the end of 2016, and started working as a research fellow in the university since then. I submitted my PR application at the end of September 2017, and it is still pending now. May I know how long in average it takes to proceed? Anyone applied in Sep 2017 got news? Thanks!
me apply early oct 2017 and till now still pending also.. we are on same boat..

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:28 pm

I failed 2 times before. Submitted again on 18/9/17. It's still pending too (so almost 6 months now). The rejection was pretty fast previously at ~3months.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:31 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:I failed 2 times before. Submitted again on 18/9/17. It's still pending too.
yea i also failed 2 times, and previously also only 3months they reject straightaway.. and the one i applied on early oct2017 was my 3rd attempt. how many NOA have you gotten? seems like there is some pattern which im not sure what will be the result..
i dont have a good feeling tho.. some ppl said its best to apply early year cos the quota might be there, and if its coming to mid or end of the year, they might have run out of quota..
i can see that they are dragging so they have excuse to say that its already run out of quota.. just a thought..
Last edited by jackyjacky88 on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Takes between 4 months - 1 year for PR results to be out. You might have applied a little early is what I feel, but your PHD may make up for that....Hang on....
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have changed job from Feb 2018 and updated ICA about my new employment by email. Will this affect/prolong the processing time? Thank you!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:37 pm

LiuPeng wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have changed job from Feb 2018 and updated ICA about my new employment by email. Will this affect/prolong the processing time? Thank you!
Depends...If you just started your career and if there are job jumps, it is not considered good, unless the career growth and salary of the new job is very exceptional.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:38 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:I failed 2 times before. Submitted again on 18/9/17. It's still pending too (so almost 6 months now). The rejection was pretty fast previously at ~3months.
There are rejections even at 6 months / 1 year. So, there is nothing like a fast rejection or slow approval.

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:40 pm

jackyjacky88 wrote:
phamtieugiao wrote:I failed 2 times before. Submitted again on 18/9/17. It's still pending too.
yea i also failed 2 times, and previously also only 3months they reject straightaway.. and the one i applied on early oct2017 was my 3rd attempt. how many NOA have you gotten? seems like there is some pattern which im not sure what will be the result..
i dont have a good feeling tho.. some ppl said its best to apply early year cos the quota might be there, and if its coming to mid or end of the year, they might have run out of quota..
i can see that they are dragging so they have excuse to say that its already run out of quota.. just a thought..
I've been here for university since 2008 and started working since 2012.

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:49 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:There are rejections even at 6 months / 1 year. So, there is nothing like a fast rejection or slow approval.
Indeed, I'm wondering the other way round. Is there such thing like a fast approval or slow rejection? If so, this is like kind of a prolonging pain for the un-favored ones
Last edited by phamtieugiao on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiuPeng

Post by LiuPeng » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:50 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
LiuPeng wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Depends...If you just started your career and if there are job jumps, it is not considered good, unless the career growth and salary of the new job is very exceptional.
My salary gets 15% higher than before. My previous university job is more on the research side, while this new job is about industrial applications and IT. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 2:57 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:There are rejections even at 6 months / 1 year. So, there is nothing like a fast rejection or slow approval.
Indeed, I'm wondering the other way round. Is there such thing like a fast approval or slow rejection? If so, this is like kind of a prolonging pain for the un-favored ones
if you feel this is pain and you cannot take it, you should not have applied

phamtieugiao

Post by phamtieugiao » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 3:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:if you feel this is pain and you cannot take it, you should not have applied
Yes, you are right, I should have not applied. If it fails this time, I will not apply again.

jackyjacky88

Post by jackyjacky88 » Tue, 06 Mar 2018 10:34 pm

phamtieugiao wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:if you feel this is pain and you cannot take it, you should not have applied
Yes, you are right, I should have not applied. If it fails this time, I will not apply again.
Appreciate if u guys can keep update here once the result come out as we all submit the application roughly on same timing
There shud be more people submitted on same timing as us and I start to see some pattern here though we all definitely are coming from different profile
How many NOA have u guys gotten

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Mar 2018 12:19 pm

The only pattern you are seeing is visions of lollipops dancing in your head. There are no patterns that are discernible. We've been looking for them since 2004 when this site started. Any patterns you might discern with be a direct result of whatever it is your are smoking or snorting. Good Luck if it makes you feel better though. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers