Singapore Expats Forum

Marketing Fields

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

YY

Marketing Fields

Postby YY » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:02 pm

i want to change job now since my current job is not so relevant to my experience and qualification, and i can't contribute much to the company....

i got a master degree from NUS, almost 4 yrs experience in sales and marketing fields. of coz i want to find jobs in marketing fields, but it seems not so easy to find one, since for executive positions, ppl may think i'm "over-qualified", whereas for management positioins, i didn't have enough experience. so i'm not sure how to position myself and what positions i should apply.

Can anyone give me advice? Tks!

sLeEpWaLkErInG

Postby sLeEpWaLkErInG » Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:12 pm

think maybe lowering your expectation of drawing a high pay will help you get a job. Anyway since you graduated from NUS, you must have classmates, ask them for referrals for jobs or approach your lecturer for help as they will also have contacts, if all that fails, email me at weixiongsg@yahoo.com, i have a friend working in agency, maybe can help. :D

bryann

hi

Postby bryann » Tue, 22 Feb 2005 4:32 pm

Hi YY if u dun mind u can try to start of wif freelance sales n train urself frm there...??if u need a job on sales u can write to me @ bryann_chua@yahoo.com.sg