Singapore Expats

PR Application - 2 years in Singapore but just changed job

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Hatem

PR Application - 2 years in Singapore but just changed job

Post by Hatem » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 8:25 am

Hello Guys,

I finally decided to apply PR.
I will be doing it in a 2-3 months time-frame tops, once I will be able to collect all the documents.
An intro on me:

- Age, Status, Sex: 27, Single, Male
- In Singapore for approximately 2 years, EP holder;
- European
- Sector: IT/Telco
- Salary: I was working for a company until January this year, salary was 100.000SGD base.
I have changed job two months ago, new job pays 120.000SGD base. (I won't include commissions since are not important on this).

Everything is clear, however, the requirements A9 states:
Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission;

Since I am in the new job for less than 6 months, can I apply anyway or is better to wait 6 months to have the payslips? (I was thinking to post my 3 payslips and the last 3 from the previous work).

In addition, I have a commission scheme in my pay.
In addition to the base, in the previous company I earned approximately 20.000 more due to commission, and in this company I should be able to be on 35/40.000 more.
Is this included in the allowance, or not? (if those commissions have been paid).

Thanks a lot!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR Application - 2 years in Singapore but just changed job

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 11:50 am

Hatem wrote:Hello Guys,

I finally decided to apply PR.
I will be doing it in a 2-3 months time-frame tops, once I will be able to collect all the documents.
An intro on me:

- Age, Status, Sex: 27, Single, Male
- In Singapore for approximately 2 years, EP holder;
- European
- Sector: IT/Telco
- Salary: I was working for a company until January this year, salary was 100.000SGD base.
I have changed job two months ago, new job pays 120.000SGD base. (I won't include commissions since are not important on this).

Everything is clear, however, the requirements A9 states:
Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission;

Since I am in the new job for less than 6 months, can I apply anyway or is better to wait 6 months to have the payslips? (I was thinking to post my 3 payslips and the last 3 from the previous work).

In addition, I have a commission scheme in my pay.
In addition to the base, in the previous company I earned approximately 20.000 more due to commission, and in this company I should be able to be on 35/40.000 more.
Is this included in the allowance, or not? (if those commissions have been paid).

Thanks a lot!
Did you read the additional explanatory notes? It says what should be included in basic pay and what should not be included.

Overall, I feel you are too early to apply for PR. So, be prepared even if the result is negative and apply only after you are here for 4-5 years.

Das2k

PR Application - More than 10yrs in SG

Post by Das2k » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 3:05 pm

Dear Experts,

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

This is Rohit, an Indian, working & living in Singapore since December’07 (more than a decade now). Before my marriage (Dec’12), I had applied 4 times and each time my PR application was rejected (understand it was due to no material changes into my job role or position).

Little educational and job background:

Degree with Physics Honors with Mathematics and Computer Science were major subjects.
MBA with Finance as a major subject.

Working in asset management industry (only changed a job once in 2014) and current basic salary is $7,600 and total income in 2017: $123,000 (incl variable bonus).

After marriage in Dec’12, I didn’t apply till 2016. Last time I applied alone (potentially a wrong decision as I should not apply alone but it was never intended rather thought I would sponsor them after got my PR ) on Aug’16, it was too rejected in Dec’16. Then I was promoted in April’17 and first time I have applied with family (wife (not working) and 2 sons (3.5yrs & 20 months at the time of application)) on October 15, 2017. Status shows pending as of today. I’m seeking advise from experts here about the chances of our PR application. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Rohit

singaporeflyer

Re: PR Application - More than 10yrs in SG

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 4:50 pm

Das2k wrote:Dear Experts,

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

This is Rohit, an Indian, working & living in Singapore since December’07 (more than a decade now). Before my marriage (Dec’12), I had applied 4 times and each time my PR application was rejected (understand it was due to no material changes into my job role or position).

Degree with Physics Honors with Mathematics and Computer Science were major subjects.

Working in asset management industry (only changed a job once in 2014) and current basic salary is $7,600 and total income in 2017: $123,000 (incl variable bonus).

After marriage in Dec’12, I didn’t apply till 2016. Last time I applied alone (potentially a wrong decision as I should not apply alone but it was never intended rather thought I would sponsor them after got my PR ) on Aug’16, it was too rejected in Dec’16. Then I was promoted in April’17 and first time I have applied with family (wife (not working) and 2 sons (3.5yrs & 20 months at the time of application)) on October 15, 2017. Status shows pending as of today. I’m seeking advise from experts here about the chances of our PR application. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Rohit
Chances 50-50

Das2k

Post by Das2k » Sun, 04 Mar 2018 7:10 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Regards,
Rohit
Chances 50-50
Thanks for your reply. May I request your expert advice on how to increase our chances. I had written in my cover letter about my participation in various charity events, associated with various non profit organisations and obtained appreciation certificates etc. Other than this, do we have to engage or address any areas to increase our chance, kindly advise.

Thank you once again for your time and help.

Regards,
Rohit

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:24 am

Das2k wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Regards,
Rohit
Chances 50-50
Thanks for your reply. May I request your expert advice on how to increase our chances. I had written in my cover letter about my participation in various charity events, associated with various non profit organisations and obtained appreciation certificates etc. Other than this, do we have to engage or address any areas to increase our chance, kindly advise.

Regards,
Rohit
- continuous skills or educational upgrades
- prove increase in career path with good salary hikes

The above are the only long term paths that can add value.

Das2k

Post by Das2k » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:49 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Das2k wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Chances 50-50

Regards,
Rohit
- continuous skills or educational upgrades
- prove increase in career path with good salary hikes

The above are the only long term paths that can add value.
Thank you so much for your time and advice. Wish you have a wonderful day and week ahead.

Regards,
Rohit

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:05 am

Das2k wrote:. I had written in my cover letter about my participation in various charity events, associated with various non profit organisations and obtained appreciation certificates etc.
- How long have you helped these charities?
- How many such events have you helped out?

If you have done this over 5 years, yes they MAY add value. But, just few months, then forget it

Das2k

Post by Das2k » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:31 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Das2k wrote:. I had written in my cover letter about my participation in various charity events, associated with various non profit organisations and obtained appreciation certificates etc.

If you have done this over 5 years, yes they MAY add value. But, just few months, then forget it
Sorry, didn’t mention in my earlier message. I have been associated with 2 organisations since February, 2016 where we have engaged with various family centres, town councils and schools. We conduct 4 to 5 times such events in a year. I have two appreciation certificates as a volunteer in their annual events during this period. Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 1:21 pm

That & $1 will get you a Kopi O and probably not much more today as too many have abused the system and it has been the VWOs that have suffered at the hands of conniving Foreign Talent who have lent their service to a VWO only to leave them high & dry as soon as they get what they are applying for (PR/SC). Far too many have pulled it and now to the Ministries, it raises a yellow flag, instead of a green one.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beroh

Post by beroh » Sun, 24 Jun 2018 11:18 pm

Das2k wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Sorry, didn’t mention in my earlier message. I have been associated with 2 organisations since February, 2016 where we have engaged with various family centres, town councils and schools. We conduct 4 to 5 times such events in a year. I have two appreciation certificates as a volunteer in their annual events during this period. Thanks[/quot

Hai what is the status for your application

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk