Singapore Expats

Update info in ePR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sitalc

Update info in ePR

Post by sitalc » Thu, 01 Mar 2018 8:41 pm

Hi, I have submitted ePR in Jan end and now I want to add information about community service that I have recently started. I have heard that this kind of info can add weightage to PR application. but in ePR there's no option to add new info for this category . Can anyone advise on what to do? Thank you.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Update info in ePR

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 9:37 am

sitalc wrote:Hi, I have submitted ePR in Jan end and now I want to add information about community service that I have recently started. I have heard that this kind of info can add weightage to PR application. but in ePR there's no option to add new info for this category . Can anyone advise on what to do? Thank you.
How do you presume it helps?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 10:32 am

sitalc wrote:Hi, I have submitted ePR in Jan end and now I want to add information about community service that I have recently started. I have heard that this kind of info can add weightage to PR application. but in ePR there's no option to add new info for this category . Can anyone advise on what to do? Thank you.
What kind of community service?

Also note, it may add some value only if you are doing it regulary for may be 3-5 years..Not just recent..

sitalc

Post by sitalc » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 12:18 pm

Mentoring disadvantaged youth over a 6-month period. I read online that if we are doing volunteering service it's 'benefits' to mention in the PR application.

sitalc

Post by sitalc » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 12:36 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Also note, it may add some value only if you are doing it regulary for may be 3-5 years..Not just recent..
Mentoring disadvantaged youth over a 6-month period. I read online that if we are doing volunteering service it's 'benefits' to mention in the PR application. So does it really influence?

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 12:51 pm

sitalc wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Mentoring disadvantaged youth over a 6-month period. I read online that if we are doing volunteering service it's 'benefits' to mention in the PR application. So does it really influence?
As you have been told , 3-5 yrs maybe carry some weight.

Short term unlikely to have any benefit , especially as the Govt know you would drop it as soon as you got your benefit out of it.

Volunteer because you want to mate , not to boost up some application.

sitalc

Post by sitalc » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 1:06 pm

Barnsley wrote:
sitalc wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Short term unlikely to have any benefit , especially as the Govt know you would drop it as soon as you got your benefit out of it.

DON'T ASSUME I started it for PR sake. In which case, I would have been smart enough to do it before submitting the application.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 1:44 pm

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 02 Mar 2018 3:48 pm

sitalc wrote:
Barnsley wrote:
sitalc wrote:

DON'T ASSUME I started it for PR sake. In which case, I would have been smart enough to do it before submitting the application.
I have heard that this kind of info can add weightage to PR application. but in ePR there's no option to add new info for this category .
From your first post .... how else to read what you have written.

Maybe if the system doesn't allow you to add , this should tell you what the benefit of it is.

qarma

Post by qarma » Thu, 10 May 2018 2:07 pm

I was wondering about that too, having read older advise and having prepared 2 letters of reference.
There was no good place to plug that in the e-PR form.
I've tried contacting them by email and got a formal response that "no changes are possible after submission unless there's a change in status" that's like getting married or what not.
I'm planning to visit ICA in person to get authoritative response.

blaxsnake

Post by blaxsnake » Thu, 10 May 2018 2:37 pm

qarma wrote:
I was wondering about that too, having read older advise and having prepared 2 letters of reference.
There was no good place to plug that in the e-PR form.
I've tried contacting them by email and got a formal response that "no changes are possible after submission unless there's a change in status" that's like getting married or what not.
I'm planning to visit ICA in person to get authoritative response.
just to let you know.. it wont help seriously.. somemore you just did it recently.. unless you have been doing it for the past few years and that time no application submitted.. maybe ICA officer will be convinced.. cos so many people have gotten their PR aft doing those community service and aft that they never show up anymore..

ytk111

Post by ytk111 » Fri, 11 May 2018 1:37 pm

From my own recent experience, ICA probably will not consider anything additional apart from those stated on the document checklist.

Just as an example, I prepared family trees showing my links to 10+ Singaporean citizens + PRs and they didn't take accept it in the submission on the day when I brought along my documents (old PR submission system).

Therefore my first question would be how you would provide this info if they don't accept any additional info from what is on their stated checklist.

qarma

Post by qarma » Mon, 25 Jun 2018 5:48 pm

It is possible, but requires legwork and being nice to clerks at the ICA to get a magic email address to send the extra documents to. It helps to be very precise what and why you want to add.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jun 2018 11:34 pm

Won't help at all. They will see right through the ruse.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers