Singapore Expats

e-SC Application question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

e-SC Application question

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 01 Mar 2018 5:49 pm

Hi,

I am planning to submit my application online for SC soon. What happens if there are changes to some of my details (e.g. salary, foreign IC date of issue) from now till my appointment date for document verification? Do I update them right away or just update during my appoint for document verification?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: e-SC Application question

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 01 Mar 2018 7:09 pm

mystic_river wrote:Hi,

I am planning to submit my application online for SC soon. What happens if there are changes to some of my details (e.g. salary, foreign IC date of issue) from now till my appointment date for document verification? Do I update them right away or just update during my appoint for document verification?
If the changes are after you submit the details online, during document submission at ICA you can highlight and mention the changes

Even after submitting the documents at ICA, if there are changes, you can email them and they are flexible enough to consider your changes.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Thu, 01 Mar 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks!

Another question: I have tried applying for citizenship about 4 years back. Back then, you could just go down to ICA and apply on the spot by submitting your documents without making any appointment.

However, my application wasn’t even accepted as the ICA officer told me that my salary was too low (saved time and fees basically). If my pay is still too low and I were to submit online, I presume the application will still go through and I’d have to pay the fees. Is there any way for me to find out whether my salary is high enough for me to even be eligible?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 01 Mar 2018 8:11 pm

mystic_river wrote:Thanks!

Another question: I have tried applying for citizenship about 4 years back. Back then, you could just go down to ICA and apply on the spot by submitting your documents without making any appointment.

However, my application wasn’t even accepted as the ICA officer told me that my salary was too low (saved time and fees basically). If my pay is still too low and I were to submit online, I presume the application will still go through and I’d have to pay the fees. Is there any way for me to find out whether my salary is high enough for me to even be eligible?
The same route of going to ICA, getting the application evaluated at high level before paying the fees is still available. They check if the application is OK and then give you an appointment for you to submit the documents few months later.

In the online e-SC way you can't get it evaluated at high level and you would also need to pay the 100 dollar fees.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Sat, 03 Mar 2018 12:18 pm

Right so I applied online and paid up, but there are no appointment dates available at all. Is that normal? and does that mean I have to camp indefinitely till I find an appointment slot?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 03 Mar 2018 1:03 pm

mystic_river wrote:Right so I applied online and paid up, but there are no appointment dates available at all. Is that normal? and does that mean I have to camp indefinitely till I find an appointment slot?
Usually there are dates available. If the same continues, email ICA and they will help you with the appointment date. PM me if you need their email.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 3:07 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:Right so I applied online and paid up, but there are no appointment dates available at all. Is that normal? and does that mean I have to camp indefinitely till I find an appointment slot?
Usually there are dates available. If the same continues, email ICA and they will help you with the appointment date. PM me if you need their email.
Thanks singaporeflyer. Managed to book an appointment for 2nd week of August! Is it normal for earlier slots to open up? Just wondering if it'd be fruitious for me to camp or should I just be resigned for my appointment in August

Jerryjames1990

Post by Jerryjames1990 » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 3:15 pm

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thanks singaporeflyer. Managed to book an appointment for 2nd week of August! Is it normal for earlier slots to open up? Just wondering if it'd be fruitious for me to camp or should I just be resigned for my appointment in August
6 months Waiting is normal , you can try log in everyday especially morning to get earlier dates . But it seems almost no use as per my experiance . May be less appointment cancellations compared to SPR.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 05 Mar 2018 3:25 pm

Jerryjames1990 wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
6 months Waiting is normal , you can try log in everyday especially morning to get earlier dates . But it seems almost no use as per my experiance . May be less appointment cancellations compared to SPR.
I see. Guess i'll try logging in here and there to see If I can get an earlier slot.

For anyone else, if you'd like to know my profile/situation, just see my earlier posts as I am lazy to type it all out again. I'll update this thread again around Sep - Dec 2019

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Wed, 07 Mar 2018 12:02 am

Just a tip for others out there applying for SC:

Been camping on the appointment portal every day for the past 3 days and I managed to get an appointment for next month for document submission

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 22 May 2018 3:17 pm

Hello guys I have a question regarding SC application so thought I’ll use my own old thread.

So a bit of a background, I’m a Pakistani male, 29 years old, been in Singapore since 2001, been a PR since 2005 (as 1st gen PR but wasn’t called up for NS. Probably something to do with my nationality)

In 2013 after working for half a year after graduation from a local U, I tried applying for SC but my application wasn’t even accepted as I was told my salary was too low ($3000 a month).

I’ve applied again this time round but since the application is done online, there’s no way I can know if my salary is high enough to even apply.

My question is, while no one knows for certain what the minimum salary for SC application is other than the ICA, what do you guys reckon is a safe base salary for my case?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:27 pm

mystic_river wrote:Hello guys I have a question regarding SC application so thought I’ll use my own old thread.

So a bit of a background, I’m a Pakistani male, 29 years old, been in Singapore since 2001, been a PR since 2005 (as 1st gen PR but wasn’t called up for NS. Probably something to do with my nationality)

In 2013 after working for half a year after graduation from a local U, I tried applying for SC but my application wasn’t even accepted as I was told my salary was too low ($3000 a month).

I’ve applied again this time round but since the application is done online, there’s no way I can know if my salary is high enough to even apply.

My question is, while no one knows for certain what the minimum salary for SC application is other than the ICA, what do you guys reckon is a safe base salary for my case?
Earning more than 8-9K (especially if we are not from the preferred countries of origin), would give one a decent chance. But, please note that there are other criteria like length of stay, economic contribution made over the last N years, education, family links in Singapore and intention to permanently stay and contribute to SG.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:Hello guys I have a question regarding SC application so thought I’ll use my own old thread.

Earning more than 8-9K (especially if we are not from the preferred countries of origin), would give one a decent chance. But, please note that there are other criteria like length of stay, economic contribution made over the last N years, education, family links in Singapore and intention to permanently stay and contribute to SG.
Yep I’m aware of the other criteria. Studied in neighborhood schools/JC/local U. Became PR knowing I’d have to serve NS (just that I wasn’t called up for it). Single so no family but parents are PR as well and they stay here too so I’m not bothered by the other criteria, especially those I can’t control.

8-9k at my age honestly sounds rather too high in comparison to my peers (and my peers are those I’ve studied with in SG). Nowhere near close to it though as i’m only at 6k now

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:42 pm

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Yep I’m aware of the other criteria. Studied in neighborhood schools/JC/local U. Became PR knowing I’d have to serve NS (just that I wasn’t called up for it). Single so no family but parents are PR as well and they stay here too so I’m not bothered by the other criteria, especially those I can’t control.

8-9k at my age honestly sounds rather too high in comparison to my peers (and my peers are those I’ve studied with in SG). Nowhere near close to it though as i’m only at 6k now
How many years of work experience do you have and in what line?

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

How many years of work experience do you have and in what line?
6 years. IT Sales