Singapore Expats

e-SC Application question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: e-SC Application question

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:46 pm

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
Yep I’m aware of the other criteria. Studied in neighborhood schools/JC/local U. Became PR knowing I’d have to serve NS (just that I wasn’t called up for it). Single so no family but parents are PR as well and they stay here too so I’m not bothered by the other criteria, especially those I can’t control.

8-9k at my age honestly sounds rather too high in comparison to my peers (and my peers are those I’ve studied with in SG). Nowhere near close to it though as i’m only at 6k now
How many years of work experience do you have and in what line?
6 years. IT Sales
Chances would be medium to low.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 22 May 2018 4:51 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
How many years of work experience do you have and in what line?
6 years. IT Sales

Fair enough. I presume being in IT sales a high bonus doesn’t carry any weighage for the SC application?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 May 2018 5:35 pm

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:
6 years. IT Sales

Fair enough. I presume being in IT sales a high bonus doesn’t carry any weighage for the SC application?
The basic salary is what they focus on. Not the bonus as it varies from year to year.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:12 am

Quick question:

Submitted my documents for SC in April 2018. While submitting, I did inform the ICA officer handling my application that I might be changing job soon. She told me that when that happens, I just need to update ICA by submitting the employment letter + 1 month payslip.

Well, I did change my job (old job to job A) and that was in July 2018. The salary jump was substantial too (40%).

Now the issue is...I might be changing job again soon (from job A to job B) (it's just a bad case of me accepting my 2nd choice because my 1st choice was taking too long but now the formalities for the 1st choice are finally done). The salary jump from job A to job B would be about 20-25%.

Do I wait till I join job B and just submit the employment letter + 1 month payslip for job B ONLY or do I submit first for my current job (job A) and then submit again for job B that I'll join by end september?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:30 am

mystic_river wrote:Quick question:

Submitted my documents for SC in April 2018. While submitting, I did inform the ICA officer handling my application that I might be changing job soon. She told me that when that happens, I just need to update ICA by submitting the employment letter + 1 month payslip.

Well, I did change my job (old job to job A) and that was in July 2018. The salary jump was substantial too (40%).

Now the issue is...I might be changing job again soon (from job A to job B) (it's just a bad case of me accepting my 2nd choice because my 1st choice was taking too long but now the formalities for the 1st choice are finally done). The salary jump from job A to job B would be about 20-25%.

Do I wait till I join job B and just submit the employment letter + 1 month payslip for job B ONLY or do I submit first for my current job (job A) and then submit again for job B that I'll join by end september?
Do what is good for your career perspective and dont do just to get your SC approved.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:34 am

singaporeflyer wrote:

Do what is good for your career perspective and dont do just to get your SC approved.
Sorry if my post isn’t clear. I’m definitely going to go for the new job. I’m just asking do I update ICA about both job changes or just the final job change?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 10:36 am

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Sorry if my post isn’t clear. I’m definitely going to go for the new job. I’m just asking do I update ICA about both job changes or just the final job change?
Better to update about both. They can easily find out by seeing your CPF contribution history.

GSJet

Post by GSJet » Tue, 04 Sep 2018 2:17 am

Hi, would like to request your views on chances of being able to obtain Singapore citizenship. Myself, I am a 2nd Generation PR since 1993. Completed national service 1999. Wife and 2 Children PR. 1 son and 1 daughter. Already 3 generation of PR. Nationality Indonesian. Having my own business in Singapore employing around 6 singaporeans. Annual Income close to 200k. What are my chances to obtain Singapore Citizenship? Thank you.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 04 Sep 2018 10:33 am

GSJet wrote:Hi, would like to request your views on chances of being able to obtain Singapore citizenship. Myself, I am a 2nd Generation PR since 1993. Completed national service 1999. Wife and 2 Children PR. 1 son and 1 daughter. Already 3 generation of PR. Nationality Indonesian. Having my own business in Singapore employing around 6 singaporeans. Annual Income close to 200k. What are my chances to obtain Singapore Citizenship? Thank you.
Very high chance if you apply as a family