Singapore Expats

Any issues in getting visa?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
abhisthebest

Any issues in getting visa?

Post by abhisthebest » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 4:59 pm

Hi everyone,
My friend from India got his US student visa denied twice in the Visa interview. After that, my friend decided to try for Canada student visa and then applied for the same but due to a mistake made by his education consultant on the application form he ended up getting inadmissible for 5 years( 3 years remain from June 2018) on the bases of misrepresentation (all his documents are legit).
Now someone he knows has a friend who has an office in Singapore and might be willing to give him a job there(in HR).
Will the visa denial of US and inadmissibility of Canada create an issue in getting a work visa for Singapore? He will obviously mention everything truthfully on the application form.
Which type of visa is easier to get i.e getting transferred to a Singapore office or applying for a work visa for Singapore Job?

Hope to get your expert comments soon.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Any issues in getting visa?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 24 Feb 2018 5:52 pm

abhisthebest wrote:Hi everyone,
My friend from India got his US student visa denied twice in the Visa interview. After that, my friend decided to try for Canada student visa and then applied for the same but due to a mistake made by his education consultant on the application form he ended up getting inadmissible for 5 years( 3 years remain from June 2018) on the bases of misrepresentation (all his documents are legit).
Now someone he knows has a friend who has an office in Singapore and might be willing to give him a job there(in HR).
Will the visa denial of US and inadmissibility of Canada create an issue in getting a work visa for Singapore? He will obviously mention everything truthfully on the application form.
Which type of visa is easier to get i.e getting transferred to a Singapore office or applying for a work visa for Singapore Job?

Hope to get your expert comments soon.
If he is coming here for the job of HR, any working visa is going to be very tough...There are enough talent here to work as HR

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Any issues in getting visa?

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 25 Feb 2018 2:59 am

abhisthebest wrote:but due to a mistake made by his education consultant on the application form he ended up getting inadmissible for 5 years( 3 years remain from June 2018) on the bases of misrepresentation (all his documents are legit).
That sounds like a big bunch of malarkey. What is an "education consultant" and what is he doing filling out an application form?

And, if all his documents are "legit", then why was there a misrepresentation? Was your friend not bright enough to look over his own application form to see that his "education consultant" was lying on the application?

It sounds a whole lot like your friend was trying to cheat his way into the country and got caught. People have tried to scam Singapore authorities so often with fake documents and bogus representations, that they will climb up your friend's ass with a microscope to make sure he's not cheating once again in Singapore.

I don't see your friend coming to Singapore, especially, as SingaporeFlyer has noted, HR is something that locals can do.