Singapore Expats

Citizenship application status still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 14 Jan 2019 10:01 am

been a week since i've been having this issue but...i am not able to access eSC to check my status. Is the system down for everyone else too?

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:31 am

Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

So for those concerned, you don't have to keep checking your mailbox. Just check your email instead.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:37 am

mystic_river wrote:Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

So for those concerned, you don't have to keep checking your mailbox. Just check your email instead.

I went through the same phase last year. ICA wont inform the decision over email. The email will just say decision is already made and check your letter box for the outcome.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:00 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
mystic_river wrote:Emailed ICA about the SC status and they just replied that as soon as a decision is made, they'll inform of the decision by email.

I went through the same phase last year. ICA wont inform the decision over email. The email will just say decision is already made and check your letter box for the outcome.
In that case, it’s safe to assume that when you receive the email from ICA that a decision has been reached, and if you check iEnquiry and it says “pending”, then the IPA is otw instead of rejection?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 12 Feb 2019 11:23 am

mystic_river wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

In that case, it’s safe to assume that when you receive the email from ICA that a decision has been reached, and if you check iEnquiry and it says “pending”, then the IPA is otw instead of rejection?
Online status gets updated 3-4 days after the letter is mailed out. Usually the letter with the decision comes first before the online status changes to Approved/Rejected. This is just purely based on my personal experience.

zap1201

Post by zap1201 » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 3:55 pm

May I check if there are past precedents where SC application decision was made later than 18 months?

In my case, it has now been exactly 18 months since I submitted documents and status is still showing pending, no emails, nothing in the mailbox.

When I went to ICA to inquire about a month back, they told me "we nowadays take a maximum of 18 months for a decision"

Many thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Feb 2019 10:32 pm

We have had a couple at 24 months and one I remember went to 25 months (can't remember if he was successful or not), of those over 20 months they pretty much split the difference with have successful and half ultimately rejected. So the length of time is not really any gauge or indication of potential success or failure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ModestGuy

Post by ModestGuy » Sat, 23 Feb 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Everyone , I would like to share my experience with SC application journey. After a long wait (about 15 months) my application was not successful.

My Profile :
1. Race - Indian
2. Applied along with full family (wife and daughter-born in Singapore)
3. Age : Early 30s
4. I am working in Oil and gas field whereas Wife works in Financial Services
5. Annual family income - around 200k
6. I am a graduate from NUS while wife holds master degree from the UK
7. We Own HDB flat
8. We have been PR since 2010

I would like to get expert opinions from you fine people regarding what must have gone wrong in my application and how things can be improved during my next try. Also would the appeal help?

Appreciate your kind help!

ModestGuy

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 24 Feb 2019 7:43 pm

ModestGuy wrote:Hi Everyone , I would like to share my experience with SC application journey. After a long wait (about 15 months) my application was not successful.

My Profile :
1. Race - Indian
7. We Own HDB flat

I would like to get expert opinions from you fine people regarding what must have gone wrong in my application and how things can be improved during my next try. Also would the appeal help?

ModestGuy

Appeal surely wont help. How much is the individual income?

Try to complete 10 years of PR and then try again

ModestGuy

Post by ModestGuy » Sun, 24 Feb 2019 7:57 pm

Thanks Singaporeflyer. Your feedback is much appreciated. The individual income is as below,

Myself (Primary applicant) : 120k
Wife : 80k

Sure I will give it another try after 10 years of PR. Beside that do you think anything is missing in my profile which I should work on the next time? (I know Indians would anyway have lesser chance of approval).

Also do you think next time I should keep wife as primary applicant? Even though her salary is lesser than mine, her field (Financial Services) could be the preferred field (I guess as per latest budget financial technology is one of the preferred fields from immigration stand point)

Again thanks for your feedback.

ModestGuy

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:12 am

ModestGuy wrote:Thanks Singaporeflyer. Your feedback is much appreciated. The individual income is as below,

Myself (Primary applicant) : 120k
Wife : 80k

Sure I will give it another try after 10 years of PR. Beside that do you think anything is missing in my profile which I should work on the next time? (I know Indians would anyway have lesser chance of approval).

Also do you think next time I should keep wife as primary applicant? Even though her salary is lesser than mine, her field (Financial Services) could be the preferred field (I guess as per latest budget financial technology is one of the preferred fields from immigration stand point)

Again thanks for your feedback.

ModestGuy
Personally I feel you should still be the primary applicant.

Do you have kids? Are all of them PR? Where do they study?

ModestGuy

Post by ModestGuy » Mon, 25 Feb 2019 1:40 am

Thanks again Singaporeflyer. Yes I have one daughter 4 years old (born in Singapore) , goes to local kindergarten. Yes she is a PR too.

ModestGuy

dockerapp

Post by dockerapp » Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:45 am

ModestGuy wrote:Hi Everyone , I would like to share my experience with SC application journey. After a long wait (about 15 months) my application was not successful.

My Profile :
1. Race - Indian
7. We Own HDB flat

ModestGuy

Did you do your undergraduate from NUS?

ModestGuy

Post by ModestGuy » Sun, 03 Mar 2019 11:51 am

Hi , I did masters. Thanks

LittleMsCurious

Post by LittleMsCurious » Tue, 05 Mar 2019 2:28 pm

Hi all,

I’ve read through the thread but I’ve been having questions in my head that maybe you guys can advice on.

A little background story:

My family of 7 has been PR for 13 years, except my little sister who is born here in SG but not PR, and have applied for SC on 5 Dec 2017 - so far no results yet.

But when we applied together as a family, we were told that I had to do an individual application from them as I was already 21 years old.

My question is: I’m getting married on April 2019, I want to know if me getting married will affect my SC application?