Singapore Expats

Citizenship application status still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Resilas

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by Resilas » Wed, 25 Sep 2019 2:45 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 23 Sep 2019 6:33 pm

Apply anytime but disclose to ICA about the divorce in progress/initiated and that is why you didnt include her in the SC Application.
Thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it!

Simplelife

Post by Simplelife » Mon, 03 Aug 2020 11:47 pm

macaronjunkie wrote:
Tue, 12 Mar 2019 12:46 am
Hi, is my understanding of the current process correct? Submit application online and then wait?
Went through the thread and some people mentioned about getting appointments... However I can't seem to figure out where or how to make the appt.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!
Hi macaron junkier,

How did you get an appointment with ICA to verify the documents? As I also didn’t make an appointment with ICA to verify the documents yet.

Appreciate your advice in advance.

macaronjunkie

Post by macaronjunkie » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:16 am

Simplelife wrote:
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 11:47 pm
macaronjunkie wrote:
Hi, is my understanding of the current process correct? Submit application online and then wait?
Went through the thread and some people mentioned about getting appointments... However I can't seem to figure out where or how to make the appt.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks!
Hi macaron junkier,

How did you get an appointment with ICA to verify the documents? As I also didn’t make an appointment with ICA to verify the documents yet.

Hi hi! No need for document verification anymore. The application process changed since 2019. All online only. After you've submitted, just wait... Until you receive the approval in principle (which may really take monthsss) unless ICA has any clarification they don't really get in touch until it's approved. Good luck!

Simplelife

Post by Simplelife » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:39 am

macaronjunkie wrote:
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:16 am
Simplelife wrote:
Mon, 03 Aug 2020 11:47 pm
macaronjunkie wrote:
Hi macaron junkier,

Hi hi! No need for document verification anymore. The application process changed since 2019. All online only. After you've submitted, just wait... Until you receive the approval in principle (which may really take monthsss) unless ICA has any clarification they don't really get in touch until it's approved. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your kind advice. Really appreciate it.

Also thank you for your wish too.

Hope you have now completed SC conversion process.

rajaramsg

Post by rajaramsg » Tue, 19 Jan 2021 8:54 am

i have applied citizenship application on Jan 2019. but the status is still pending. Any reason ???

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 19 Jan 2021 9:30 am

rajaramsg wrote:
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 8:54 am
i have applied citizenship application on Jan 2019. but the status is still pending. Any reason ???
Is there a reason? Definitely.

Does anyone here know what that reason is? Absolutely not.

EDIT: all jokes aside, SC applications are known to take anywhere from 12 months to 30 months. Should be any day now.