Singapore Expats Forum

Citizenship application status still pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KimKim2018
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 08 May 2019 8:18 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by KimKim2018 » Wed, 08 May 2019 11:34 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
KimKim2018 wrote:Hi all,

Can I ask about my chances of getting SC? Submitted documents in November 2018, status is still pending now. :)

My profile:
Race Chinese
Degree from NUS, current pay about 4.5K
PR approved in early 2017
Married in 2018, Husband is SC by birth
Gave birth to first son in 2018, son is SC (followed the father citizenship)

I applied for SC myself not under my husband's sponsorship.

Thank you!!!

chance is low as you did not apply under husband's sponsorship. Why didnt you do that?

How long are you in SG? Where are you from?

Wait for a year or more and apply under husband's sponsorship. It will be easy.
Hi, thank you for ur advise

I have been in SG for about 9 years, coming from 1 of the Southeast Asian countries. The reason I didn't apply under my husband's sponsorship was because by the time I applied, we haven't married for 2 years (which is 1 of the criteria) but I was already PR for about 2 years so I gave it a try.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 May 2019 1:46 pm

KimKim2018 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
KimKim2018 wrote:Hi all,

Can I ask about my chances of getting SC? Submitted documents in November 2018, status is still pending now. :)

My profile:
Race Chinese
Degree from NUS, current pay about 4.5K
PR approved in early 2017
Married in 2018, Husband is SC by birth
Gave birth to first son in 2018, son is SC (followed the father citizenship)

I applied for SC myself not under my husband's sponsorship.

Thank you!!!

chance is low as you did not apply under husband's sponsorship. Why didnt you do that?

How long are you in SG? Where are you from?

Wait for a year or more and apply under husband's sponsorship. It will be easy.
Hi, thank you for ur advise

I have been in SG for about 9 years, coming from 1 of the Southeast Asian countries. The reason I didn't apply under my husband's sponsorship was because by the time I applied, we haven't married for 2 years (which is 1 of the criteria) but I was already PR for about 2 years so I gave it a try.
2 years of PR is too early to apply for SC, unless you are from ONE of the neighbouring country which is geographically near SG.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36155
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 May 2019 2:45 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: ONE! This^^^

SF, I think you have been on the board too long. You are starting to sound like me! :P :mrgreen:

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 May 2019 8:28 pm

@SMS, learnt them from you. Still cant forget how you had replied to my first few PR posts...lol

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36155
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 May 2019 3:03 pm

And now you know why I did. LOL It's great you've stay around. You are a real asset here. :cool:

zap1201
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by zap1201 » Sat, 11 May 2019 12:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Happy to share that after almost 21 months of submitting my documents, I received my IPA letter yesterday. Grateful for all the useful discussion here over the past 12 months.

I had shared my profile in the original post but recapping for everyone’s benefit,

Race: Indian
Been living in SG since 2008, PR since 2009
Applied with family (working PR wife + 2 daughters)
Family income: >300k per annum
Industry: Finance / Investments for me, HR for Wife
Age: mid 30s
Stay: own house

Many thanks,
Zap

arusg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 11 May 2019 1:33 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by arusg » Sat, 11 May 2019 1:47 pm

hi.
zap1201
You received IPA letter by post are download from MYICA ?
and what about your status on MYICA ?

zap1201
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 4:32 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by zap1201 » Sat, 11 May 2019 2:06 pm

Letter by post. Status on i-enquiry still shows pending.

1EBB
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 11 May 2019 10:45 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by 1EBB » Sat, 11 May 2019 10:59 pm

.
Last edited by 1EBB on Mon, 13 May 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1EBB
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 11 May 2019 10:45 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by 1EBB » Sat, 11 May 2019 11:01 pm

.

JLynG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by JLynG » Sun, 15 Sep 2019 5:02 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 2:19 pm
stelllla wrote:I submitted in Nov 2017 the status is still pending
Too early to expect a result..Mine took 1 year and 3 months.
Hi, may I know how you found out about your citizenship results? Is it online website or by mail post? Cause i'm worried that they may mail the results to the prev house we were living which was stated in the doc. application. But my address have been updated in my Singpass & IC h. Im just not sure what to expect, it's been 11 months since my application.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 15 Sep 2019 11:36 pm

JLynG wrote:
Sun, 15 Sep 2019 5:02 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 2:19 pm
stelllla wrote:I submitted in Nov 2017 the status is still pending
Too early to expect a result..Mine took 1 year and 3 months.
Hi, may I know how you found out about your citizenship results? Is it online website or by mail post? Cause i'm worried that they may mail the results to the prev house we were living which was stated in the doc. application. But my address have been updated in my Singpass & IC h. Im just not sure what to expect, it's been 11 months since my application.
If you update your address in IC, they will send the letter only to the new address. Online status will update first and within few days you will get letter. I also updated my address while my application was in progress and received the letter in my new address. Nothing to worry at all.

TheNomad
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 2:57 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by TheNomad » Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:32 pm

Hello all, I am Chinese Indonesian. Studied in singapore since P2 but did university overseas. Came back to singapore to work and became PR with wife since 1999. Eldest daughter born here and 2nd one overseas but both PR. Have been posted overseas in the last 8 years by the singapore company I worked for. Still paying CPF. Questions:
1. Eldest turning 21 in a couple of years. Will she lose her PR? She is studying overseas
2. Can I remain as PR indefinitely as I want to retire in singapore? Probably my daughters will work in singapore
3. If I apply for citizenship now with my 2 daughters while wife remain PR, what are my chances? I m nearing 50 and single income of 150k a year. Has one condominium.
4. Will wife lose her PR if she does not apply for SC with me?
Grateful for advice

Resilas
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 5:23 pm

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by Resilas » Mon, 23 Sep 2019 5:44 pm

Hi all,

I have a question regarding citizenship application.

I'm Singapore PR from Indonesia (PR for 13 years under PTS scheme).
I'm married to another SPR from Indonesia (no children). Currently we are going through a separation and will start divorce process soon. But we have signed a separation deed.

Can I apply for Singapore citizenship just for myself using separation deed or do I have higher chance for approval after my divorce is finalized?
Divorce process will take about 4 months, though no certainty as soon-to-be ex-spouse is not very cooperative.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Citizenship application status still pending

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Sep 2019 6:33 pm

Resilas wrote:
Mon, 23 Sep 2019 5:44 pm
Hi all,

I have a question regarding citizenship application.

I'm Singapore PR from Indonesia (PR for 13 years under PTS scheme).
I'm married to another SPR from Indonesia (no children). Currently we are going through a separation and will start divorce process soon. But we have signed a separation deed.

Can I apply for Singapore citizenship just for myself using separation deed or do I have higher chance for approval after my divorce is finalized?
Divorce process will take about 4 months, though no certainty as soon-to-be ex-spouse is not very cooperative.
Apply anytime but disclose to ICA about the divorce in progress/initiated and that is why you didnt include her in the SC Application.

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests