Singapore Expats

Looking For PMLA/LTVP Information

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rina1

Looking For PMLA/LTVP Information

Post by rina1 » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:08 pm

Hello all,

I do apologize in advance if there is a similar post out here.

My fiancé is a SG citizen and S. Korean PR. I am Korean-American. Korean ethnicity but born and raised in the United States. We are 23 years apart (please, I know how this looks..)
He is currently with me in the United States on a 90 day traveling visa. I now have all my documents and we are ready to begin the LTVP process. My fiancé has a PA in SG that will be doing all this for us but I really wanted to get answers for myself on the process since I never got definite answers on how this works and would really rather do this application myself.

Fiancé's income: $400k
Divorced once, no children.
Race: Chinese

I am still working in the United States but will not be seeking employment when I move to SG.
My income: $50k
I also have a misdemeanor DUI charge from 4 years ago on my criminal record in the US.

1. Can I apply for the LTVP online while I am still in the United States with him? Or can his PA in SG submit all of our documents and forms on our behalf while we stay for another month in the US? Or do I need to physically go to SG with him and then apply for the LTVP as soon as I get there? If so, does this mean I should immediately apply for a STVP extension since my US Passport only allows me to stay 30 days and the LTVP application process can take 4-8 weeks?

3. We want to travel to Europe and S. Korea while we wait for the LTVP to get approved, is this advisable?

4. What are the chances the LTVP will get rejected due to our age and income gap, and my DUI?

I ultimately want to become a SG PR. We want to start a family as well and will have them as SG citizens instead of US or KR Citizens.

I'm not sure if I provided enough information about our specific case but thank you for taking the time to read through this and thank you in advance for answering my questions.
Last edited by rina1 on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: Looking For LTVP Information

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 4:05 pm

rina1 wrote:
My fiancé is a SG citizen and S. Korean PR. I am Korean-American. Korean ethnicity but born and raised in the United States.

Unless I am missing something you are not married.

Which one of the below applies to you currently?
You will be eligible to apply/renew for Long Term Visit Pass if you are a:

Spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC)
Spouse of a Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Child (aged under 21) of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Parent of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Graduate from an Institute of Higher Learning seeking employment in Singapore
Mother or Grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass
Visitor seeking permission to give birth in Singapore
Life is short, paddle harder!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Feb 2018 8:58 pm

Your DUI won't matter nor will your age if it is a genuine marriage. No such thing as a fiance visa in Singapore. There is a common law marriage LTVP but you need to check if the US Embassy will support your case. Oh and no one here cares that much about age gaps. Half the westerners are married to teenagers on this board :P
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

rina1

Post by rina1 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 5:18 am

Barnsley wrote:
rina1 wrote:
My fiancé is a SG citizen and S. Korean PR. I am Korean-American. Korean ethnicity but born and raised in the United States.

Unless I am missing something you are not married.

Which one of the below applies to you currently?
You will be eligible to apply/renew for Long Term Visit Pass if you are a:

Spouse of a Singapore citizen (SC)
Spouse of a Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Child (aged under 21) of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Parent of a Singapore citizen (SC) or Singapore permanent resident (PR)
Graduate from an Institute of Higher Learning seeking employment in Singapore
Mother or Grandmother of a child or grandchild studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass
Visitor seeking permission to give birth in Singapore

Thank you for the reply! I’m starting to confuse myself, I may have worded this thread incorrectly. We will be getting married this year. On the ICA website I saw a section on the Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment, PMLA. If approved, I will receive the LLE that I can use when I apply for the LTVP.

So my questions are in regards to the PMLA.

rina1

Post by rina1 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 5:20 am

PNGMK wrote:Your DUI won't matter nor will your age if it is a genuine marriage. No such thing as a fiance visa in Singapore. There is a common law marriage LTVP but you need to check if the US Embassy will support your case. Oh and no one here cares that much about age gaps. Half the westerners are married to teenagers on this board :P

That’s very reassuring, thank you for the response! I worded this thread incorrectly but I meant to talk about the PMLA which leads to the LTVP.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:17 pm

rina1 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Your DUI won't matter nor will your age if it is a genuine marriage. No such thing as a fiance visa in Singapore. There is a common law marriage LTVP but you need to check if the US Embassy will support your case. Oh and no one here cares that much about age gaps. Half the westerners are married to teenagers on this board :P

That’s very reassuring, thank you for the response! I worded this thread incorrectly but I meant to talk about the PMLA which leads to the LTVP.
Nothing is every guaranteed but I don't see an issue with you getting an LTVP once married.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ray1008

Re: Looking For PMLA/LTVP Information

Post by ray1008 » Fri, 04 May 2018 5:19 pm

Hi i was hoping someone that can help me in this.

I am going to apply LTVP on 15May18 for my wife to be, previously i had already applied for pre-marriage ltvp asessment and it is approved.

My question is she is going to resign on 16may18 due to the boss mistreat her, she need to serve notice of 1 week. so on the 23may is her last day and her work permit will be cancelled on 24 may. I will be bringing her down to ICA to apply for her short term visit pass while waiting for her LTVP. Because on 15 may i applied for her when she is still under wp. but her wp will be cancelled and become a D/E card. Will it affect the LTVP application? Do i need to inform ICA about this?

I hope someone can help me on this, am very worried about it.

Thanks

Regards
Ray.