Singapore Expats

Query: Visit Visa receving attention

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Joe2018

Query: Visit Visa receving attention

Post by Joe2018 » Mon, 19 Feb 2018 5:43 pm

Hi Experts,

Please guide me, I am holding Singapore PR, and few weeks earlier, I have applied visit visa for 10 of my family members (sisters and their families), and ICA have asked me to submit documents to process the visa applications. And I went ICA and submitted passport copies for my sisters (father and mother name same as my passport),and their families, and also submitted the flight details (to and fro) for 4 days.

And later the application status is changed to "We have received the documents and the visa application is receiving attention", and the status remain the same.

We are scared, as only very few days left for the journey. I don't know what I have to do now, and how to pursue further. Please guide me.

Thanks in Advance.

Joe

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Query: Visit Visa receving attention

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 19 Feb 2018 6:22 pm

Joe2018 wrote:Hi Experts,

Please guide me, I am holding Singapore PR, and few weeks earlier, I have applied visit visa for 10 of my family members (sisters and their families), and ICA have asked me to submit documents to process the visa applications. And I went ICA and submitted passport copies for my sisters (father and mother name same as my passport),and their families, and also submitted the flight details (to and fro) for 4 days.

And later the application status is changed to "We have received the documents and the visa application is receiving attention", and the status remain the same.

We are scared, as only very few days left for the journey. I don't know what I have to do now, and how to pursue further. Please guide me.

Thanks in Advance.

Joe
I dont think a single person can sponsor so many applications within such a short time. To speeden up visit ICA and explain to the officer in charge about the journey coming soon. I was able to speed up the process. But my case was just 2 SVP applications and not 10.

yesitsme

Post by yesitsme » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 4:33 pm

I had a similar experience.. Over a short period of time (1-2 months) I had to sponsor 10 applications.. The 10th one was auto-rejected by the system.. After I spoke to an officer personally at ICA, they asked me to provide additional documentation and the visa was approved..They took a letter from me that I had personally made the previous 9 applications along with details of previous applications.. I guess the number '10' is their internal/system red flag to ensure that this facility is not being misused..

There are no guarantees but as long as you documentation is in order there is hope for good news.. Let us know how things turned out in your case..

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 7:29 pm

yesitsme wrote:I had a similar experience.. Over a short period of time (1-2 months) I had to sponsor 10 applications.. The 10th one was auto-rejected by the system.. After I spoke to an officer personally at ICA, they asked me to provide additional documentation and the visa was approved..They took a letter from me that I had personally made the previous 9 applications along with details of previous applications.. I guess the number '10' is their internal/system red flag to ensure that this facility is not being misused..

There are no guarantees but as long as you documentation is in order there is hope for good news.. Let us know how things turned out in your case..
You are a Citizen and he is a PR. The number of SVP applications that a citizen and PR can sponsor over a period of time may be different.

Joe2018

Post by Joe2018 » Wed, 21 Feb 2018 10:45 pm

Thanks everyone!

I went in ICA couple of times, and all my 10 visa applications are approved successfully! Thank god!

Lessons learnt that we should not apply many applications within a short span of time!
Note, Very recently i have applied a few applications for my friend's(colleague) family and it got approved within 2 days(may be because, i haven't applied a single visa application for past 3 years or so..) And when it comes to my own family, we got kind of stucked up, might be due to overwhelming in helping others!!

I am not saying that we should not apply for friends or relatives, just be careful with your priorities..And We are all relaxed now, and hoping to enjoy Singapore for 4 days!!

Thanks again.

Joe