WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Post Reply
TJOM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 3:20 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by TJOM » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 3:23 pm

tomh5157 wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 3:07 pm
I'd like to be added to this group please - but I can't seem to PM jhakademus. Could someone PM me if they are able to add people in? I don't want to post my number.
Me too. Is the group still active?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 4:23 pm

tomh5157 wrote:
Thu, 10 Sep 2020 3:07 pm
I'd like to be added to this group please - but I can't seem to PM jhakademus. Could someone PM me if they are able to add people in? I don't want to post my number.
Jhakademus only made 8 posts here from Jan to Mar 2018, never to be heard from again. The odds of the OP reading your post is virtually nil, I'd guess.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
robin.tan1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 4:22 am

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by robin.tan1 » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 6:36 pm

Could u guys add me 34 m 87263822

KKG
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 1:51 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by KKG » Sat, 31 Oct 2020 2:24 pm

Hi is this whatapps group still on

Muskan01
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 3:43 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by Muskan01 » Sat, 05 Dec 2020 3:47 pm

I am interested in being a part of this group. My number is +65 98355928 :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38750
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 4
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 05 Dec 2020 4:22 pm

Publically listing your phone number on the open forum is not a wise idea. Harvester bots will pick it up and resell it to anybody looking for valid number to spam.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

User avatar
CaitGuyDavis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 07 Feb 2021 7:38 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by CaitGuyDavis » Sun, 07 Feb 2021 7:41 pm

Hi! My husband and I are newly arrived to Singapore and would love to meet some people! My number is +6586782249

Chocoqueen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 5:11 am

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by Chocoqueen » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 5:34 am

Maybe a telegram group would be a better idea since you can add by usernames and not reveal personal numbers :)

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 1

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 02 Apr 2021 1:51 pm

CaitGuyDavis wrote:
Sun, 07 Feb 2021 7:41 pm
Hi! My husband and I are newly arrived to Singapore and would love to meet some people! My number is +65
It’s almost as if you did not read the previous post. It is so dangerous to post your phone number on a public forum where anyone can get ahold of it. You are making yourself vulnerable to spam and hackers.
Last edited by Lisafuller on Tue, 06 Apr 2021 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

irishinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 3:52 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by irishinsg » Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:05 pm

Chocoqueen wrote:
Fri, 02 Apr 2021 5:34 am
Maybe a telegram group would be a better idea since you can add by usernames and not reveal personal numbers :)
Good idea, I created a telegram group:

https://t.me/expatlions

I've just been in Singapore a few months so quite new myself. Feel free to join.

Joew
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 7:46 am

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by Joew » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 9:52 am

Please DM me. Your DM is not open

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3567
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 2:45 pm

Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 02 Apr 2021 1:51 pm
CaitGuyDavis wrote:
Sun, 07 Feb 2021 7:41 pm
Hi! My husband and I are newly arrived to Singapore and would love to meet some people! My number is +65XXXX
It’s almost as if you did not read the previous post. It is so dangerous to post your phone number on a public forum where anyone can get ahold of it. You are making yourself vulnerable to spam and hackers.
It is better to mask the number in quote. Else even if the original user edits his/her post and removes the number, it still remains in your quote.

Lisafuller
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 1

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by Lisafuller » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 9:53 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 06 Apr 2021 2:45 pm
Lisafuller wrote:
Fri, 02 Apr 2021 1:51 pm
CaitGuyDavis wrote:
Sun, 07 Feb 2021 7:41 pm
Hi! My husband and I are newly arrived to Singapore and would love to meet some people! My number is +65XXXX
It’s almost as if you did not read the previous post. It is so dangerous to post your phone number on a public forum where anyone can get ahold of it. You are making yourself vulnerable to spam and hackers.
It is better to mask the number in quote. Else even if the original user edits his/her post and removes the number, it still remains in your quote.
I’ve made the change. Thanks for letting me know!

minpotism
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:14 am

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by minpotism » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:16 am

Hi guys! new in the forum but been here in singapore for like 14yrs :D

irishinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 3:52 pm

Re: WhatsApp group for newly arrived peeps

Post by irishinsg » Sat, 10 Apr 2021 12:32 pm

irishinsg wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:05 pm
Chocoqueen wrote:
Fri, 02 Apr 2021 5:34 am
Maybe a telegram group would be a better idea since you can add by usernames and not reveal personal numbers :)
Good idea, I created a telegram group:

https://t.me/expatlions

I've just been in Singapore a few months so quite new myself. Feel free to join.
We have four members now so it's a good start. Hopefully will organise a meetup soon but would like to add a few more people.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “30's Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests