Singapore Expats

Where can I buy seasoned fries in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
The Void

Where can I buy seasoned fries in Singapore?

Post by The Void » Thu, 15 Feb 2018 5:28 am

In terms of taste, I'm looking for something that's as close to Denny's seasoned fries as possible. (Denny's is an American diner that doesn't have any outlets in Singapore at the moment.)

The closest to this taste that I've experienced in this region is the Twister Fries from McDonald's during their annual Chinese New Year promotion. The McDonald's in Malaysia has the exact same promotion too during this time of the year.
I would very much like to eat seasoned fries whenever I feel like doing so though, rather than for just one month per year or so.

I don't require the fries to be "curly" like the McDonald's Twister Fries; they can be like the regular ones that Denny's serves.
I would prefer to buy them from a supermarket to cook them on my own, but I can eat them at a restaurant if I have no other choice.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Where can I buy seasoned fries in Singapore?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Feb 2018 9:14 am

Go to the McCormick's spice rack in the local supermarket (even NTUC) and buy yourself a shaker bottle of Old Bay Seasoning. You will find yourself using it on everything eventually. When I go back to my home state in the US (the home of Old Bay Seasoning) I usually bring back at least 4 1lb cans of it. It's great for steamed crabs (original use for it), any seafood, great on eggs in the morning and on steaks as well. Give it a shot. Then ANY fries you buy you can convert to spicy fries whenever it pleases you.
:cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Where can I buy seasoned fries in Singapore?

Post by BBCDoc » Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:02 pm

Old Bay...I do miss the Maryland Blue crabs...might have to get myself some

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more