Singapore Expats

Applying for SC after marrying EP holder

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
acmk

Applying for SC after marrying EP holder

Post by acmk » Sun, 11 Feb 2018 12:30 pm

My children and I hold SPR, and I am considering getting married to my partner within the next couple of years. He holds an EP. If I decide to apply for SC, it will be only for myself and my children, excluding husband as he is not SPR and will not be eligible anyway. Will this negatively impact the chances of my SC application approval? Thanks in advance.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Applying for SC after marrying EP holder

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Feb 2018 6:17 pm

acmk wrote:My children and I hold SPR, and I am considering getting married to my partner within the next couple of years. He holds an EP. If I decide to apply for SC, it will be only for myself and my children, excluding husband as he is not SPR and will not be eligible anyway. Will this negatively impact the chances of my SC application approval? Thanks in advance.
No, should be ok.

When did you get your PR?

acmk

Re: Applying for SC after marrying EP holder

Post by acmk » Tue, 13 Feb 2018 6:21 am

Thanks! Got our PR just about 7 months back, so we'll have to wait some time more before I can even consider SC application. Just unsure of the balance of things - on the one hand the govt doesnt like individuals "tagging on" to a partner with SC/SPR to get their own SPR, yet on the other hand they don't take kindly to one spouse applying for SPR/SC without the other party. #-o