Singapore Expats

Planning to Apply PR - Experts Please Guide Me

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
iamanand

Planning to Apply PR - Experts Please Guide Me

Post by iamanand » Thu, 08 Feb 2018 2:50 am

Hi forum viewers. This is Anand currently working as a head chef in Epass. My wife is in dependent pass do admin work.

I came Singapore for studies. I completed my bachelor degree here for 2years. then I got a job here. I worked as a chef for 1.6years in Spass. i went back India for 6 months for my marriage. I came Singapore back with my wife.

currently i draws salary around 6k per month. my wife salary is around 500 per month. We are working here more than 6 months. we filed our taxes for 6 months. we like to apply Singaporean PR.

Can any one suggest me if I apply PR within 6 month, will it affect my chances of getting PR?

Thanks for your precious time you spend for this POST.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: Planning to Apply PR - Experts Please Guide Me

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 08 Feb 2018 4:29 am

What is your rush? The ICA used to ask for 3 years worth of tax assessments; they don't do that anymore, they just look at IRAS directly.

Six months of employment, low salaries, and non-technical jobs... I don't think your chances are very good at all.

But, if will only cost you $100 to find out if I am wrong. Be aware, though, that some people receive rejection letters that state, "You are welcome to continue working on your existing passes...". It means that they don't want to consider you in the future.

No one knows for sure why some people get these rejection letters, while others get letters that invite/allow them to apply again in the future.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Planning to Apply PR - Experts Please Guide Me

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 08 Feb 2018 8:52 am

No chance. Chef falls smack into the middle of professions being protected for Singaporeans (unless it's a high end chef I guess but you sound like a slop cook so.....).

No soup for you!
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!