Singapore Expats

What salary should I ask for a job in Singapore if I earn 24 lacs per year in Bangalore, India?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
poojarai

What salary should I ask for a job in Singapore if I earn 24 lacs per year in Bangalore, India?

Post by poojarai » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 1:55 am

I am working one of the top mnc company in india & earning around INR 2400000.
What salary should I ask for a job in Singapore ?
by brian_singapore » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 11:20 am
Assuming either a full-stack java / .net background + relevant business expertise, then likely around 6000-7000 for a MNC/Bank, if you can find one hiring developers in Singapore (most have their development shops in India).

I don't have a lot of experience with local companies, but suspect its 1K-2K less.

Software developers in Singapore are on much lower comp then in other developed countries (in NA or Europe for example) because of the almost endless supply willing to work cheaply from neighboring countries.

Once you hit more senior levels (architect, development manager etc.) then salaries shoot up dramatically and you can expect around 10k-12.5k a month. (again, for MNCs)
Go to full post

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: What salary should I ask for a job in Singapore if I earn 24 lacs per year in Bangalore, India?

Post by brian_singapore » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 9:20 am

Salaries are based on job, experience and skills.

Not how much you make in another country.

luckycricket

Re: What salary should I ask for a job in Singapore if I earn 24 lacs per year in Bangalore, India?

Post by luckycricket » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 9:36 am

poojarai wrote:I am working one of the top mnc company in india & earning around INR 2400000.
On this salary in India, you should consider only those options that offer you atleast 8K per month. If you have kids then add 2K (per month) per kid on top of it :) ... Otherwise it is not worth moving.

poojarai

Post by poojarai » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 10:09 am

brian_singapore wrote:Salaries are based on job, experience and skills.

Not how much you make in another country.
I have around 7 years of experience in software development.

brian_singapore
Chatter
Chatter

Post by brian_singapore » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 11:20 am

Assuming either a full-stack java / .net background + relevant business expertise, then likely around 6000-7000 for a MNC/Bank, if you can find one hiring developers in Singapore (most have their development shops in India).

I don't have a lot of experience with local companies, but suspect its 1K-2K less.

Software developers in Singapore are on much lower comp then in other developed countries (in NA or Europe for example) because of the almost endless supply willing to work cheaply from neighboring countries.

Once you hit more senior levels (architect, development manager etc.) then salaries shoot up dramatically and you can expect around 10k-12.5k a month. (again, for MNCs)

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 5:50 pm

First of all don't use the work Lakh outside of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Nobody understands it. Use 1Lakh = 100K.

Your salary is already good in India, unless you get 8K in SG, don't come.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 05 Mar 2022 7:33 pm

Anyone who says Lakh is a country bumpkin.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

emergency234
Regular
Regular

Post by emergency234 » Sat, 05 Mar 2022 8:58 pm

You would need quite a bit more than the equivalent of your current salary to live in Singapore.Unless you are ok with living in a rented room in someone else's house!

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 05 Mar 2022 9:45 pm

poojarai wrote:
Wed, 07 Feb 2018 1:55 am
I am working one of the top mnc company in india & earning around INR 2400000.
2.4m rupees is S$42,700 or about S$3,300 per month, normally local salary in Singapore is negotiated based on the monthly amount, and usually 13 months are paid annually, not including variable bonus which can be multiple months of additional salary, but isn’t guaranteed.

$3,300 is a high salary in India, but a low salary in Singapore. Assuming your employer is not proving any housing, car allowance or school support, I would not accept anything less than a 5-digit monthly salary, $1X,XXX, especially if you have kids. The cost of living in Singapore is extraordinarily high, especially if you are not a citizen. Just putting kids in school here can be more than S$2,000 per child.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Sun, 06 Mar 2022 8:13 am

I understand how you thinking friend.however, there is no easy answer to this question .

I am Assuming that you are looking to move out of India with intention to make /save money and not immigration. ( if it’s for immigration then would suggest look west or Australia even for lesser money)
If it’s about money then I would look at bottom line and not top line ie After tax how much you save .
Factor in things like if you have Working spouse (
Chances are she/he won’t be easily finding work here ), kids education, higher rent for smaller place( rents are possibly highest they have been in last 10 years).

If you are looking at the present job as stepping stone to better job in Singapore then do a research on how the company’s pays for the skills .

On the positive side , you would Spend much less time in traffic and breathe better air .

Best of luck