Singapore Expats

Storage & Relocation

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
StAndysFC

Storage & Relocation

Post by StAndysFC » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 5:16 pm

Hi it looks like my job will be coming to an end in Singapore in May, my lease runs out in early June. Does anyone know a good company with decent rates who would store my furniture for a few months while I tried to find a new job & rented a room. If unsuccessful in finding a new role I would then want the furniture sent back to the UK. Does anyone know if companies would do this & if so what is the likely storage cost per month & rough relocation costs for a 3 bed households furniture & belongings.

Any company recommendations welcome. Also is it easy enough to sell furniture etc on this website if needed.

Thanks

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Storage & Relocation

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:30 pm

Most of the international moving companies have provision for storage. I don't know what it costs, and I'll bet they'll want to pack your stuff in their boxes in order to store it. I am not aware of self storage in Singapore although I am sure they exist.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Storage & Relocation

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:39 pm

There are self-storage sites all over the island. Just about one in every industrial zone in Singapore (or possibly more). Just google Self-storage Singapore and start asking their rates. Most places will rent you a cubic metre to a large enough space to store your entire household. Some have 24 hour access and most are monitored by camera. Some will even have loading docks, etc. and pallet movers should you require them. Rates and locations vary.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers