Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application Chance for Fiance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kk123

PR Application Chance for Fiance

Post by kk123 » Sun, 04 Feb 2018 11:39 pm

Hello All,

Wanted to seek your advice on the chances of my fiance's PR application. We are getting married in a couple of months and we are planning to submit an application immediately after marriage as we are looking forward to buy a new BTO near my parent's place.

I am the guy, Singaporean citizen, 31 years old, earning ~$85,000 per year. My fiance is Thai Chinese and recently completed her PhD from NUS and is currently looking for a job here. Previously, she did her A levels in a JC here and went to do her bachelors in the UK. She also speaks fluent English and Chinese.

Hope to find out what are her chances of getting a PR. Thank you!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PR Application Chance for Fiance

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 10:03 am

kk123 wrote:Hello All,

Wanted to seek your advice on the chances of my fiance's PR application. We are getting married in a couple of months and we are planning to submit an application immediately after marriage as we are looking forward to buy a new BTO near my parent's place.

I am the guy, Singaporean citizen, 31 years old, earning ~$85,000 per year. My fiance is Thai Chinese and recently completed her PhD from NUS and is currently looking for a job here. Previously, she did her A levels in a JC here and went to do her bachelors in the UK. She also speaks fluent English and Chinese.

- If you are applying PR for her as a sponsor, then you need to be married for atleast 2 years or have a kid, for standing a decent chance to get PR

- If she applies on her own merits, because she has a PHD, she would need to work for atleast 2 years.

Either way, it would take 2 years from your marriage/she getting a new job, for her to get her PR.

beard1
Regular
Regular

Post by beard1 » Wed, 07 Feb 2018 4:47 pm

kk123 wrote:Hello All,

One thing to note is PR/SC couples can't BTO. My wife (SC) and I chose resale instead and tbh it's a much higher bang-for-buck :D

Pinningfor2

Post by Pinningfor2 » Fri, 23 Feb 2018 10:13 pm

From what I know, it’s only SC/SC couples that can apply BTO. They might have changed the rules recently so best to call HDB and confirm.