Singapore Expats

PR rejection question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Cronus

PR rejection question

Post by Cronus » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 6:57 pm

Hello folks,

I realise there are loads of topic on this, but I could not find one that'd match the letter I received from ICA.

From Europe, been in Singapore since 2010, all that time on an EP.
Married, wife not working but has a Bachelors degree, and we have a toddler who was born in Singapore.
I have Masters in business, as well as a Bachelors in Science. OK salary around $200,000.

I left my application in November 2016 (1st time applying), in October 2017 ICA asked me to provide the details of my parents and my siblings work history, which I found odd. Nevertheless both my wife and I listed out both parents and siblings resumes.

The following month, November 2017 ICA asked to produce my payslips for the last 6 months, as well as the reference letter from work stating that I am an employee there. These were part of the original application, but I figured since a year had passed, they just wanted fresh copies which I left with ICA within a few days from receiving the request.

I received a letter yesterday, 02.02.2018, which says:

"Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (SPR).

We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

If you require further assistance you may call ICA at 6391 6097".

Does this mean there's no point in me even trying to resubmit my application?
I had hight hopes actually, since it took so long and they kept asking for additional supporting documents, so pretty disappointed.

Thank you for any advice.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR rejection question

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 8:34 pm

Cronus wrote:Hello folks,

I realise there are loads of topic on this, but I could not find one that'd match the letter I received from ICA.

Married, wife not working but has a Bachelors degree, and we have a toddler who was born in Singapore.
I have Masters in business, as well as a Bachelors in Science. OK salary around $200,000.

I left my application in November 2016 (1st time applying), in October 2017 ICA asked me to provide the details of my parents and my siblings work history, which I found odd. Nevertheless both my wife and I listed out both parents and siblings resumes.

The following month, November 2017 ICA asked to produce my payslips for the last 6 months, as well as the reference letter from work stating that I am an employee there. These were part of the original application, but I figured since a year had passed, they just wanted fresh copies which I left with ICA within a few days from receiving the request.

We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

I had hight hopes actually, since it took so long and they kept asking for additional supporting documents, so pretty disappointed.

You can surely try again after 1-2 years.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 8:44 pm

They used to reject first application to see if anyone has the fortitude to try again.

I got in on my second attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 03 Feb 2018 9:39 pm

BBCDoc wrote:They used to reject first application to see if anyone has the fortitude to try again.

I got in on my second attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not always like that. There are many who have got it on the first time. Sometimes, it might be the duration of stay also.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 12:15 pm

What is your line of business?

Maybe something in your profile makes it look like you aren't likely to progress to be a citizen.

What sex is your baby , if its a boy , I am assuming you are an Ang Moh maybe the Govt think no way these folks are gonna be here when its NS time so no point giving PR.

There is nothing to stop re-applying again this week now that is in online application.

If you don't apply again gauranteed you wont be getting a PR.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Cronus

Post by Cronus » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 3:18 pm

Barnsley wrote:What is your line of business?

Maybe something in your profile makes it look like you aren't likely to progress to be a citizen.

What sex is your baby , if its a boy , I am assuming you are an Ang Moh maybe the Govt think no way these folks are gonna be here when its NS time so no point giving PR.

There is nothing to stop re-applying again this week now that is in online application.

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

I work in Sales, but it's more about Digital Transformation. Customers are mainly within the Financial Services sector.

Our baby is a girl. Yes I am Ang Moh :)

It's a pity really that I was rejected. I came over with no expat package, totally localised. Live in HDB and really love Singapore. Don't get me wrong, I love my own country too, but Singapore is exceptional and offers a lot of opportunities, though I've stuck with the same company since I arrived.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 3:42 pm

Cronus wrote:
Barnsley wrote:What is your line of business?

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

I work in Sales, but it's more about Digital Transformation. Customers are mainly within the Financial Services sector.

Our baby is a girl. Yes I am Ang Moh :)

It's a pity really that I was rejected. I came over with no expat package, totally localised. Live in HDB and really love Singapore. Don't get me wrong, I love my own country too, but Singapore is exceptional and offers a lot of opportunities, though I've stuck with the same company since I arrived.
Will you be willing to convert to Singapore citizen in future?

Cronus

Post by Cronus » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 11:38 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Will you be willing to convert to Singapore citizen in future?
No, I would not renounce my citizenship for anything.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 05 Feb 2018 11:45 pm

Cronus wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Will you be willing to convert to Singapore citizen in future?
No, I would not renounce my citizenship for anything.
1. PR has matured over the decades to becoming a pathway to Singapore Citizenship. Certain nationalities are far less likely to give up their original citizenship and I'm sure ICA has stats on it and your nationality may be one of them. If your attitude has come through at all in your application you will not get in most likely.

2. Statistically out of the 25,000 odd PR approvals per year maybe 1 - 3% are caucasian which means 250 to 500 at most. It's a numbers game.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:05 am

Cronus wrote:Hello folks,

There is nothing to be disappointed, most people are not eligible to become PRs in Singapore. As long as you have your job, you will have your EP and you can stay here as long as you want.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk