Singapore Expats

Digital front door lock

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
NameNotIncluded

Re: Digital front door lock

Post by NameNotIncluded » Tue, 03 Jul 2018 4:53 pm

went for an event recently n igloohome having 15% off till 6 July. Tempting to buy, samsung seems too expensive for me

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Sun, 12 Aug 2018 8:52 am

These work great but only with deadlocks. So if you have just standard unlock and pull handle type locks they don't work. The Yale version is actually a complete replacement of the lock and handle so can work with any door but is a hassle to install.

They do work great though. You could add a smart doorbell that has a camera. You can see who's at the door using that doorbell and the accompanying app and then let them in remotely using the smart lock. Separate systems but they work well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Richard44

Post by Richard44 » Wed, 14 Oct 2020 1:27 pm

One of my friend have August digital door lock and he was saying that it doesn't matter if you used the app to unlock it or manually unlocked the lock. ... The auto-lock feature of the August smart lock is very reliable. Unfortunately, it's so simple that anything less than 99.9% reliability would be embarrassing. Be careful though, because it's not a very smart feature. There are lots of options available on online portals like eBay and Beonhome.