Singapore Expats

Updating marital status during Singapore Citizenship application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
eyesyen

Updating marital status during Singapore Citizenship application

Post by eyesyen » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:02 pm

Hi All,

I have a pending result of my SC application (E-SC dated 3 Apr 2017; Documents submitted 24 Aug 2017). Me and my boyfriend are planning to get married this year, ROM will be held at Malaysia most likely on Mid March.

How should I submit the documents (eg Marriage Certificate) to ICA?
Does the Marriage Certificate required in English?

Thanks.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Updating marital status during Singapore Citizenship application

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Jan 2018 10:09 am

eyesyen wrote:Hi All,

I have a pending result of my SC application (E-SC dated 3 Apr 2017; Documents submitted 24 Aug 2017). Me and my boyfriend are planning to get married this year, ROM will be held at Malaysia most likely on Mid March.

Thanks.
Documents need to be in English. You can email them the marriage certificate or walk in and provide this as an additional document for the application

WSSG

Post by WSSG » Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:49 pm

Thanks.
You can ask for Marriage Certificate with dual language from Malaysia's Registrar (JPN). You will have 2 documents both signed and received on the spot. Pay additional MYR 20.

eyesyen

Post by eyesyen » Sat, 27 Jan 2018 1:52 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks.
Documents need to be in English. You can email them the marriage certificate or walk in and provide this as an additional document for the application
Thanks for your info :)

eyesyen

Post by eyesyen » Sat, 27 Jan 2018 1:54 pm

WSSG wrote:

Thanks.
You can ask for Marriage Certificate with dual language from Malaysia's Registrar (JPN). You will have 2 documents both signed and received on the spot. Pay additional MYR 20.
Thanks for your info, this is more convenient for us.
Another thing is regarding the process after SC application approved, how much time needed for the conversion?

My concern is that if I am arranging ROM in Malaysia but at the same time suddenly there is news (I hope is good news) for my SC application, the time will clash and affects my plan.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 27 Jan 2018 5:27 pm

eyesyen wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Thanks.
After you receive the IPA another 2~4 months

eyesyen

Post by eyesyen » Sat, 27 Jan 2018 11:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
eyesyen wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

2 ~ 4 months should be fine for me.
Meanwhile I've just checked with my friend who previously registered at Thean Hou Temple at KL, the marriage certificate is in dual language - Malay and English.
We are going to register at the same place, so meaning that I can submit this copy directly? Or it needs to be in pure english version?

WSSG

Post by WSSG » Sun, 28 Jan 2018 10:23 am

eyesyen wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
eyesyen wrote:

Meanwhile I've just checked with my friend who previously registered at Thean Hou Temple at KL, the marriage certificate is in dual language - Malay and English.
We are going to register at the same place, so meaning that I can submit this copy directly? Or it needs to be in pure english version?
The dual language version can be used by ICA. In fact i have asked several times for PR application, Malaysian documents in Malay language can actually be used without translation (but this in unofficial though) written all over in ICA website that we need to translate. I have even spent few hundred dollars SGD just to translate those docs.

cittakaro

Post by cittakaro » Mon, 29 Jan 2018 9:59 am

Thanks.
Why don't you ROM in Singapore and bring then register at JPN to get Malaysian Certificate based on Singapore ROM?

eyesyen

Post by eyesyen » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 4:18 pm

WSSG wrote:
eyesyen wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

The dual language version can be used by ICA. In fact i have asked several times for PR application, Malaysian documents in Malay language can actually be used without translation (but this in unofficial though) written all over in ICA website that we need to translate. I have even spent few hundred dollars SGD just to translate those docs.

Oh my god few hundred dollars! That's costly!

eyesyen

Post by eyesyen » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 4:19 pm

cittakaro wrote:

Thanks.
Why don't you ROM in Singapore and bring then register at JPN to get Malaysian Certificate based on Singapore ROM?

Initially we did think about ROM in Singapore, however due to family concern, we then decided to ROM in Malaysia instead.