Singapore Expats

Looking for sex education for the young maid (serious)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
MrEgon

Looking for sex education for the young maid (serious)

Post by MrEgon » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 12:06 pm

By repairing the malfunctioning mobile phone for maid, accidentially I found the 25-year-old single woman is in love recently. Every human has the right to love. From her phone, I realised she chatted with lots of male friends via Facebook messenger. One of them from the picture looks at least 20 years older than her. They sends pictures/voices to each other. “I pray for my manber” “I want to married you. Because my mother old” “Pray for God”...

Seems they got to know each other from the church and probably the man is the priest. His hundreds of FB friends show 98% young females. Maid is under my responsibility from law. I am not against she look for friends and build up friend circles. But definitely I don't want her to be cheated, pregnant, abandoned... She seems quite naiive in the sense of in front of men. It is ok to have desire. They are far away from their families. They want to be taken good care of. They want to have companion. But I want her not to get hurt eventually. Questions:

1. where could maid get some sex education?

2. how could maid solve their sex desires?

3. suggestions?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Looking for sex education for the young maid (serious)

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 2:04 pm

I have two books I bought for my kids on Sex Education. I know two of my maids have read through them. Do you want the names?

As for the other thoughts - their peers are probably their best source of information. Does she have a group of friends you think are ok? For sexual relief I assume she knows about masturbation but the books talk about it as well.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

MrEgon

Post by MrEgon » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 2:32 pm

Her English is very very poor. If your book is mainly with pictures, it will definitely help. If the book is with texts, it could be too difficult for her.

Every Sunday she dresses up and goes to her church to meet the other maids there if she doesn't have English classes or after her English classes. Obviously she also got to know lots of men, including their generous love giver -- the priest. I have never met her church friends or other maids, though I've told her several times that it is no problem the other maid friends could go to our place first so that they go to church together. I believe her maid friends should be ok. But the other men or the priest, I cann't tell.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 2:46 pm

What's her native tongue? The church 'may' have texts availabe in her native tongue on marriage, relationships and pre-marital advice. My missionary friends in an unnamed country reached out to the same language church in Singapore for that type of material and succeeded in getting some good stuff.

MrEgon

Post by MrEgon » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 2:53 pm

Myanmar.

There are several Myanmar churches from different Christian groups. She goes to 2 of them often. I don't know the language. How could I know if her church gives out brochures on sex education?

I have bad gut feeling about the old priest. In the history, priests are the group which conduct children raping. The priest could easily be the super star / spiritual leader for the young maid church members. If he wants to have sex with the young maid members, they might just even looking forwards to it.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 3:03 pm

MrEgon wrote:Myanmar.

There are several Myanmar churches from different Christian groups. She goes to 2 of them often. I don't know the language. How could I know if her church gives out brochures on sex education?

I have bad gut feeling about the old priest. In the history, priests are the group which conduct children raping. The priest could easily be the super star / spiritual leader for the young maid church members. If he wants to have sex with the young maid members, they might just even looking forwards to it.
I suggest you give Bible house a call - they stock a lot of literature in different languages and may have books in Burmese on these topics. https://www.bible.org.sg/biblehouse/

(Tell them you are looking for books on marriage or christian love in Burmese).

I wouldn't over-react about the priest... They get a lot of bad press but really your maid more at risk from a bloke on the street than some old priest (I agree that social media is a concern - our church has a policy of no social media sharing between the pastor/elders and members).