Singapore Expats Forum

REP expired while overseas Please advise....

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
papercuptrees

Re: REP expired while overseas Please advise....

Postby papercuptrees » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 4:17 pm

PNGMK wrote:You're a bit of a twit. You're studying at university where presumably you have to get things in on time and you mess up what is arguably the most important thing a PR has to do on time....

Well i admit i should have been more alert...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:56 pm

Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck

papercuptrees

Postby papercuptrees » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 12:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck

Good evening,
Yes, I definitely wont let this happen ever again. Thank you so much for your replies sundaymorningstaple! I know Its my mistake for being so absentminded and all, especially with government matters.. I hope things will work out smoothly..
Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much once again :)

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 25 Jan 2018 8:42 am

papercuptrees wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Don't worry about them. Like I said, be sure you have all the documentation in hand and be prepared to pay a fine. But as you have had 2 one year REPs it shows that they aren't in a hurry to get rid of you, and if you can explain that you couldn't apply because of the SingPass thing you might just fly. But I would be VERY careful if you get it renewed. Don't let it happen a 2nd time.

Good Luck

Good evening,
Yes, I definitely wont let this happen ever again. Thank you so much for your replies sundaymorningstaple! I know Its my mistake for being so absentminded and all, especially with government matters.. I hope things will work out smoothly..
Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much once again :)

Cheers.
IANAL. IANACPA. IANA Teacher.
Arrested? Lawyer Up
International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
School advice? Avoid for profit schools
Tax advice? CPA
Pay me $5k for 100% success filling in PR form!