Singapore Expats

Work permit pregnant for 2 month before marriage

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Col Tan 91

Work permit pregnant for 2 month before marriage

Post by Col Tan 91 » Sat, 20 Jan 2018 9:19 am

I came across a case, the work permit holder is pregnant for 2 month and MOM approved the marriage with Singaporean. Then after married they applied for 3years ltvp and it approved. Work permit who are pregnant with a Singaporean before marriage, you can still try going for approval it kind of works, I think.

Yan0823

Re: Work permit pregnant for 2 month before marriage

Post by Yan0823 » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 5:29 pm

Is this a one time application only and they got an approval that easy?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:40 am

It doesn't always work. In fact it can have horrendous outcomes. I know. My nephew (SC Citizen in NS at the time) married a Pinoy woman in the 'peens without getting permission from the MOM (she had worked in Singapore a number of years earlier). They gave her a one year LTVP to stay in Singapore and after giving birth, when her LTVP came up for renewal is was denied and she was sent packing back to the 'peens. The little girl was one year old when I took her in. She is still living with me today (she's now in Sec 1). Eventually my nephew got tired of trying to get her back in and they got the marriage annulled in the 'peens, but the mother cannot keep the girl there as the baby was born in Singapore to a Singapore Father. Be careful and always have a Plan B when dealing with the two-faced Singapore government.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 8:22 am

Yep, you definitely have to be prepared for rejection... you can try to appeal but there are no guarantees. My plan was to head for Guam if my second and final appeal fell through.

I’m a bit surprised in the sms’s nephew’s case, since they already approved her LTVP once, I’d expect they would have renewed it, even if it took an appeal or two. Also, with a pinay mother, the child should be a Filipino at birth (dual citizen until 18), but maybe there were extenuating circumstances.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Oct 2020 12:21 am

They gave here the LTVP so the child could be born in Singapore (in case it was a male child, I suppose). As she was visibly pregnant and married to a Singaporean, they gave her a 1 year LTVP to enable the child to be born in Singapore. Sneaky bastards. After the child was born, and time for renewal, they rejected it. The baby was born in Singapore.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 10 Oct 2020 2:19 am

Yes, with one Singaporean parent, being born in Singapore means mandatory citizenship, with potential NS obligations. Not so if born outside Singapore. On the surface it seems like a classic bait and switch. Hard to say whether that was the reality though. I’ve noticed over the last 10 years or so, they appear to almost “reject by default” in cases that are not strong/obvious - maybe for closer review on appeal. I know quite a few cases like that, and it seems to be happening more and more.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Yan0823

Post by Yan0823 » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 5:03 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 10 Oct 2020 12:21 am
They gave here the LTVP so the child could be born in Singapore (in case it was a male child, I suppose). As she was visibly pregnant and married to a Singaporean, they gave her a 1 year LTVP to enable the child to be born in Singapore. Sneaky bastards. After the child was born, and time for renewal, they rejected it. The baby was born in Singapore.
May I know the proceas hpw to appeal to MOM. Thanks you.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 2:04 pm

He (the SGC husband) has been trying via his local MP for years with no avail. Good luck. You may need a large helping of it. You may want to have your husband approach he MP at the local MPS usually held monthly in your constituency.

Yan0823

Post by Yan0823 » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 3:47 pm

Im SC. I just recently got rejected from mom. My partner is 7mos pregnant and we already have 5yr old daughter. Shes an ex wp holder. Sent email to MP already an MOM. Do we need to apply again? Do you know the process how to make an appeal?