Singapore Expats

Query on details for Marriage Application Form (SC & WP)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zxcv32

Query on details for Marriage Application Form (SC & WP)

Post by zxcv32 » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 11:42 pm

Hi, is there anyone here who married a work permit holder and has successfully gotten the approval or know/heard anyone of this situation?

If possible, i would like to know the details on your submitted application form:
• Who is the work permit holder (female/male)
• Roughly what were your salary and your spouse's salary
• What job / work sector were you and your spouse in (nurse / healthcare etc) and how long have the both of you worked there before applying
• Education level for both spouses
• Which year did you apply

If the questions are too personal/confidential to be shared openly, please feel free to private message me. I am really in need of answers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Query on details for Marriage Application Form (SC & WP)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 20 Jan 2018 5:58 pm

There is nothing they could say that would help your application. Each application is based on it's own merits and not just the item you have mentioned.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SCmarriedtoMalaysian

Post by SCmarriedtoMalaysian » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 9:22 am

Yes, me. I'm happy to share with you my details but do note that applications are assessed on case by case basis - applications with similar/same details don't mean that the outcomes will be the same. Replied below in red.
zxcv32 wrote:Hi, is there anyone here who married a work permit holder and has successfully gotten the approval or know/heard anyone of this situation?

If possible, i would like to know the details on your submitted application form:
• Who is the work permit holder
My husband is the WP holder. He's a Malaysian and I'm a Singaporean by birth
• Roughly what were your salary and your spouse's salary
Both our salaries were within $2-2.5K
• What job / work sector were you and your spouse in (nurse / healthcare etc) and how long have the both of you worked there before applying
I worked as an administrator in the healthcare industry for about a year plus (fresh dip graduate), and he worked for less than a year as a chef. But overall, he has worked in Singapore for 3+ years
• Education level for both spouses
Diploma for me, but doing part time degree. UEC for him
• Which year did you apply
we applied in August 2016 and we got our approval in like, 2 weeks?

If the questions are too personal/confidential to be shared openly, please feel free to private message me. I am really in need of answers.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
And btw, yes. There are A LOT of Hub's friends (Male Malaysian WP), married to Singaporean girls. All went through the MOM's approval as well. But if you're the Man and the WP is a lady, then I'm not so sure already. Also if the WP is of other nationality (non-Malaysian).

Good luck!

zxcv32

Post by zxcv32 » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 8:04 pm

Thank you so much for sharing SCmarriedtoMalaysian. Really appreciate it.