Singapore Expats Forum

Chance of Getting PR application approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Blackie80

Chance of Getting PR application approved

Postby Blackie80 » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 9:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if i have been posted to oversea assignment for a duration of 8 months, will it affect my chance of getting PR application approved? I have been with my current company for 1 year and 6 months. Am thinking to submit my PR application within these days. But the thing the oversea assignment.

Thanks

Strong Eagle

Re: Chance of Getting PR application approved

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:43 pm

Do you still have a permanent residence in Singapore? Are you being paid out of Singapore and paying Singapore income tax?

Blackie80

Postby Blackie80 » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 1:02 pm

Hi,

During these 8 months oversea assignment, my montly salary was still paid by SG company. I am going to file my income tax in this coming March 2018. I have a registered HDB address in SG as well since I didn't terminate my rental contract with my HDB's owner.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 1:25 pm

Blackie80 wrote:Hi everyone,

Would like to ask if i have been posted to oversea assignment for a duration of 8 months, will it affect my chance of getting PR application approved? I have been with my current company for 1 year and 6 months. Am thinking to submit my PR application within these days. But the thing the oversea assignment.

Thanks

Where are you from? Depending of where are you from 1 year and 6 months might be too short for you to get your PR approved

Blackie80

Postby Blackie80 » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 1:45 pm

Hi,

I am Malaysian Chinese and an EP holder. Working as Senior Project Engineer with one of the local oil & gas construction company.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Jan 2018 2:49 pm

Blackie80 wrote:Hi,

I am Malaysian Chinese and an EP holder. Working as Senior Project Engineer with one of the local oil & gas construction company.

You should be fine. Worst case you might be rejected first time and if you reapply after a year, you will get it