Singapore Expats Forum

Updating ICA during PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Updating ICA during PR application

Postby joannajane » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 4:18 pm

Hello, I recently set up my own Pte Ltd and hired myself on an Employment Pass. Now I need to update ICA of my new position and salary as I have a PR application in process.

I can't find the email address I used to use to correspond with ICA. Have they changed this process since they took their services online?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 4:49 pm

joannajane wrote:Hello, I recently set up my own Pte Ltd and hired myself on an Employment Pass. Now I need to update ICA of my new position and salary as I have a PR application in process.

I can't find the email address I used to use to correspond with ICA. Have they changed this process since they took their services online?


If there is a change in your application details such as your employment, marital status or if you have acquired higher qualifications, you can log in to e-PR system to submit the information with the necessary documents within 2 months from the submission date. Please use the "Enquiry Application Status" function in the e-PR system and click on the "Proceed to upload documents" button to furnish the documents.

All documents must be submitted online via the e-PR system.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby joannajane » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 5:27 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
joannajane wrote:Hello, I recently set up my own Pte Ltd and hired myself on an Employment Pass. Now I need to update ICA of my new position and salary as I have a PR application in process.

I can't find the email address I used to use to correspond with ICA. Have they changed this process since they took their services online?


If there is a change in your application details such as your employment, marital status or if you have acquired higher qualifications, you can log in to e-PR system to submit the information with the necessary documents within 2 months from the submission date. Please use the "Enquiry Application Status" function in the e-PR system and click on the "Proceed to upload documents" button to furnish the documents.

All documents must be submitted online via the e-PR system.


Thanks singaporeflyer. I probably should've pointed out that I didn't apply via the e-PR system as my original application was back in August 2017.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 5:29 pm

joannajane wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
joannajane wrote:Hello, I recently set up my own Pte Ltd and hired myself on an Employment Pass. Now I need to update ICA of my new position and salary as I have a PR application in process.

I can't find the email address I used to use to correspond with ICA. Have they changed this process since they took their services online?


If there is a change in your application details such as your employment, marital status or if you have acquired higher qualifications, you can log in to e-PR system to submit the information with the necessary documents within 2 months from the submission date. Please use the "Enquiry Application Status" function in the e-PR system and click on the "Proceed to upload documents" button to furnish the documents.

All documents must be submitted online via the e-PR system.


Thanks singaporeflyer. I probably should've pointed out that I didn't apply via the e-PR system as my original application was back in August 2017.


I think from now on you must update via the ePR system only

denocorp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 02 Feb 2018

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby denocorp » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:35 am

I am wondering what happens if you have a change in status after 2 months? I got married since I submitted my PR application but the submission date is longer than 2 months ago. Does that mean it doesn't 'count' for this application?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 10:59 am

denocorp wrote:I am wondering what happens if you have a change in status after 2 months? I got married since I submitted my PR application but the submission date is longer than 2 months ago. Does that mean it doesn't 'count' for this application?


As long as you don't get the outcome, you are allowed to update ICA and they will take that into consideration.

But dont have too much hope, as a marriage status update will not have immediate positive impact on the application. Need to wait for at least 2 years after marriage

denocorp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 02 Feb 2018

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby denocorp » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 11:15 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
denocorp wrote:I am wondering what happens if you have a change in status after 2 months? I got married since I submitted my PR application but the submission date is longer than 2 months ago. Does that mean it doesn't 'count' for this application?


As long as you don't get the outcome, you are allowed to update ICA and they will take that into consideration.

But dont have too much hope, as a marriage status update will not have immediate positive impact on the application. Need to wait for at least 2 years after marriage


How to update ICA though? Through their E-PR website you can't, because the 'upload documents' link disappears after 2 months. You try calling them and all you get is pre-recorded messages, no humans manning the phones. I've sent them an e-mail now, fingers crossed...

I married a Singapore Citizen so I would think that boosts my chances :)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 11:42 am

denocorp wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
denocorp wrote:I am wondering what happens if you have a change in status after 2 months? I got married since I submitted my PR application but the submission date is longer than 2 months ago. Does that mean it doesn't 'count' for this application?


As long as you don't get the outcome, you are allowed to update ICA and they will take that into consideration.

But dont have too much hope, as a marriage status update will not have immediate positive impact on the application. Need to wait for at least 2 years after marriage


How to update ICA though? Through their E-PR website you can't, because the 'upload documents' link disappears after 2 months. You try calling them and all you get is pre-recorded messages, no humans manning the phones. I've sent them an e-mail now, fingers crossed...

I married a Singapore Citizen so I would think that boosts my chances :)


If you are married recently, that surely would not boost your chance immediately. Need to wait for 2 years or till you have a baby.

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby joannajane » Fri, 02 Feb 2018 5:06 pm

denocorp wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
denocorp wrote:I am wondering what happens if you have a change in status after 2 months? I got married since I submitted my PR application but the submission date is longer than 2 months ago. Does that mean it doesn't 'count' for this application?


As long as you don't get the outcome, you are allowed to update ICA and they will take that into consideration.

But dont have too much hope, as a marriage status update will not have immediate positive impact on the application. Need to wait for at least 2 years after marriage


How to update ICA though? Through their E-PR website you can't, because the 'upload documents' link disappears after 2 months. You try calling them and all you get is pre-recorded messages, no humans manning the phones. I've sent them an e-mail now, fingers crossed...

I married a Singapore Citizen so I would think that boosts my chances :)


I'm still trying to figure this out. I emailed them twice 2 weeks ago... thinking I might just go down next week!

joannajane
Regular
Regular
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon, 16 Jan 2012

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby joannajane » Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:21 am

Ok I got a reply! Hope this helps others in my situation;

Please do not use the ePR system to enquire/update information/documents as your PR application was submitted over the Counter before 18 Dec 2017. If there is a change in your employment, you are advised to update us by submitting a copy of your new employment pass (front and back), original Annex A Form (to be fully completed by your new employer) and your Letter of Appointment/Contract Letter by post to the PR Services Centre, ICA Building at the following address:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road #05-00
Singapore 208718

Blackie80
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Jan 2018

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby Blackie80 » Sun, 18 Mar 2018 8:34 pm

joannajane wrote:Ok I got a reply! Hope this helps others in my situation;

Please do not use the ePR system to enquire/update information/documents as your PR application was submitted over the Counter before 18 Dec 2017. If there is a change in your employment, you are advised to update us by submitting a copy of your new employment pass (front and back), original Annex A Form (to be fully completed by your new employer) and your Letter of Appointment/Contract Letter by post to the PR Services Centre, ICA Building at the following address:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road #05-00
Singapore 208718


Hi,

I applied through ePR, how do i update ICA if i change job?

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 3:11 pm

joannajane wrote:Ok I got a reply! Hope this helps others in my situation;

Please do not use the ePR system to enquire/update information/documents as your PR application was submitted over the Counter before 18 Dec 2017. If there is a change in your employment, you are advised to update us by submitting a copy of your new employment pass (front and back), original Annex A Form (to be fully completed by your new employer) and your Letter of Appointment/Contract Letter by post to the PR Services Centre, ICA Building at the following address:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road #05-00
Singapore 208718


wouldn't the application automatically be void once the former employment pass is cancelled? (I'm assuming that they need to cancel your old employment pass first before issuing a new one?)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 3:29 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:
joannajane wrote:Ok I got a reply! Hope this helps others in my situation;

Please do not use the ePR system to enquire/update information/documents as your PR application was submitted over the Counter before 18 Dec 2017. If there is a change in your employment, you are advised to update us by submitting a copy of your new employment pass (front and back), original Annex A Form (to be fully completed by your new employer) and your Letter of Appointment/Contract Letter by post to the PR Services Centre, ICA Building at the following address:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road #05-00
Singapore 208718


wouldn't the application automatically be void once the former employment pass is cancelled? (I'm assuming that they need to cancel your old employment pass first before issuing a new one?)


PR application will be cancelled only if there is NO NEW EP being issued after the old employer cancels the EP.

http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ICA/apps/fcd_faq ... AQ_2101015

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon, 20 Nov 2017

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby samuraibeefburger » Tue, 24 Apr 2018 4:00 pm

Got it. Thank you so much for the clarification!

chalkyboard
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 07 Feb 2017

Re: Updating ICA during PR application

Postby chalkyboard » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 10:42 am

Blackie80 wrote:
Hi,

I applied through ePR, how do i update ICA if i change job?


Hey, did you manage to find any more info about this? I need to update also and didn't see a method mentioned on their website (unless I totally missed it...) I would try to log in, but the wife has been super busy and hasn't had time to log in and see if the "update" button is available.

Figured I would ask before attempting a phone call with an ICA person...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests