Singapore Expats

S pass, quotas and long waiting times

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cnio14

S pass, quotas and long waiting times

Post by cnio14 » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 2:59 pm

Hello everyone
I know this is a hot topic in recent months but I'll start this topic to explain my particular situation.

Got a job offer at a university back in November, just a 6 months contract to bridge my time to the start of the PhD (a quite common practice, in fact, another colleague did the same).
When I accepted, I was informed the S pass application will get delayed due to quota issues to 2-3 months. As of today, the application cannot be sent out. As far as I know, it will take another 3-4 weeks from the moment it is sent out (which is not the case yet), which means the whole application will most likely take well over 3 months.

My question is whether this is normal and what are, according to previous experiences, the chances my application will be approved in reasonable time.

Thank you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: S pass, quotas and long waiting times

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 5:09 pm

How long is a piece of string?

It will take approximately 3 weeks to 3 months. That as close as anybody can guesstimate and the MOM isn't talking except to say 3 weeks to 3 months.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cnio14

Post by cnio14 » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 5:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How long is a piece of string?

It will take approximately 3 weeks to 3 months. That as close as anybody can guesstimate and the MOM isn't talking except to say 3 weeks to 3 months.
Thank you for the answer. I am aware of the fact that no one can give me an exact time frame.
I was hoping to find someone (or knows someone) who has dealt with a similar situation to give have an idea.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 5:26 pm

Brilliant. =D> :roll: You had me fooled for a minute, I thought for sure you were from India and not the boot in the Med?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cnio14

Post by cnio14 » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 5:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Brilliant. =D> :roll: You had me fooled for a minute, I thought for sure you were from India and not the boot in the Med?
Not sure I understand what you mean :???: