Singapore Expats

LTVP Query

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Firmino

LTVP Query

Post by Firmino » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 2:59 am

Hi all,

I'm in the process of booking tickets to travel down to Singapore to apply for the LTVP.

I'm a British citizen currently married to a Singaporean for around 2 years and 8 months.

We have been together for roughly 13 years with evidence to proof our relationship.

As we are both currently residing in London and working there, I was planning on a trip to Singapore just to log my LTVP application; whilst my Singaporean wife remains in London for the time being.

My question is - would I be able to travel out of Singapore and back to London to continue with my current employment once my LTVP application has been submitted?

I've done a bit of reading around the forums and it seems to be a bit of a grey-area. There are some suggestions that it's tied to the D/E landing card number but others have said that it should be no issue to travel abroad.

It makes sense to be allowed to travel in my opinion, as the results could take up to 6 months. Therefore, I would not be able to remain in Singapore for 6 months doing nothing at all.

Hope to receive some guidance and advice from members on this forum who have knowledge regarding this issue or have gone through similar in the past.

Cheers,
Firmino

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: LTVP Query

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 9:54 am

Firmino wrote:Hi all,

I'm in the process of booking tickets to travel down to Singapore to apply for the LTVP.

I'm a British citizen currently married to a Singaporean for around 2 years and 8 months.

We have been together for roughly 13 years with evidence to proof our relationship.

As we are both currently residing in London and working there, I was planning on a trip to Singapore just to log my LTVP application; whilst my Singaporean wife remains in London for the time being.

My question is - would I be able to travel out of Singapore and back to London to continue with my current employment once my LTVP application has been submitted?

I've done a bit of reading around the forums and it seems to be a bit of a grey-area. There are some suggestions that it's tied to the D/E landing card number but others have said that it should be no issue to travel abroad.

It makes sense to be allowed to travel in my opinion, as the results could take up to 6 months. Therefore, I would not be able to remain in Singapore for 6 months doing nothing at all.

Hope to receive some guidance and advice from members on this forum who have knowledge regarding this issue or have gone through similar in the past.

Cheers,
Firmino
Fella , just beaten Man City 4-3 and you scored , why the rush to get out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

ylhl

Post by ylhl » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 12:24 pm

Cheers,
Firmino
Actually i have same problem too, can i go out of singapore while waiting the LTVP, I ask ICA and they said it was ok to leave country but both is needed to be in singapore for formalities. But same like u, according to ppl in this forum, it's in grey area, some ppl said it will affect ur LTVP result or waiting longer, some ppl said they still got appoval

marie_katie

Post by marie_katie » Mon, 15 Jan 2018 4:49 pm

Cheers,
Firmino

My ltvp got approved when we both traveled out of Singapore but it took 17 weeks to get approval. For your case, it's hard to say because they would usually require your sponsor (your wife) to have monthly income in Singapore. Nobody knows how ICA determine whether you get a LTVP or not but i think there's no harm trying to apply for LTVP if you decided to make the trip down to Singapore.

I don't think it's tied down to your DE card because they gave me a barcode to scan for my appointment.

Good luck on your application!

fairy tale

Post by fairy tale » Mon, 22 Jan 2018 10:23 pm

Cheers,
Firmino
Hi, I have the same experience last year when I apply LTVP. Although my husband is a Spore PR not citizen.

I went out from Singapore when my LTVP was on process and its no problem at all. When my LTVP approve, I pass my DE card and ICA didn’t even check whether the number same or not lol.

But ICA might need call you & your wife for an ‘interview’ & your wife as a sponsor need to submit all the original docs (marriage certificate, pay slip salary, etc). Thats what happened to me and my husband last year.

cdrom

Post by cdrom » Sun, 02 Sep 2018 4:36 am

Dear original poster

I wonder what the outcome of your situation was? We are in a very similar situation now and are wondering if my British husband can apply for a LTVP on a trip to Singapore before we actually move there, then return to the UK while it is being processed only to return to Singapore 6 months later during our final move?

Many thanks.