Singapore Expats

Changing jobs while PR application is pending

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Changing jobs while PR application is pending

Post by samuraibeefburger » Fri, 05 Jan 2018 1:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! Just wondering if anyone has come across any cases whereby the PR applicant changed jobs while their application is still pending?

And if I do so, will it affect my chances of getting an approval? I've only been at this current job for six months, but I've been approached with a much better offer and now I'm not sure what to do.

Appreciate your kind advice, thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Changing jobs while PR application is pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jan 2018 2:22 pm

Considering you have had but one tax assessment thus far, It doesn't really make any difference as the odds of you being rejected are almost 100% against as you cannot apparently follow directions of clearly stated waiting for 3 NOAs.

As far a job hopping is concerned, it will probably help you as it shows you assimilate perfectly. Singaporeans are known to be job hoppers and if you haven't even been at your current employment for a year, you really fit in well. NOT.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 05 Jan 2018 2:35 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! Just wondering if anyone has come across any cases whereby the PR applicant changed jobs while their application is still pending?

And if I do so, will it affect my chances of getting an approval? I've only been at this current job for six months, but I've been approached with a much better offer and now I'm not sure what to do.

Based on where you are from, you should be fine.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 05 Jan 2018 6:03 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Considering you have had but one tax assessment thus far, It doesn't really make any difference as the odds of you being rejected are almost 100% against as you cannot apparently follow directions of clearly stated waiting for 3 NOAs.
I believe this is no longer the case.
A9. Current Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the past 6 months
with breakdown into basic, overtime and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of
Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of submission
I think it got replaced by this.

If the OP is under previous rules , then maybe they were required.

However this new rule means that switching jobs during the process will make it difficult for you to fulfil this criteria.

:mrgreen:
Life is short, paddle harder!!

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 08 Jan 2018 11:24 am

Thanks for taking the time to respond, folks. Appreciate it! :)

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 4:44 pm

By the way, if I may just ask one more question - say I take on a new offer - what is the best way to update ICA? Do I write to them? Call them? Or go to the counter with the employer annex form?

Appreciate your advice, thanks!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 4:48 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:By the way, if I may just ask one more question - say I take on a new offer - what is the best way to update ICA? Do I write to them? Call them? Or go to the counter with the employer annex form?

Appreciate your advice, thanks!

You can email them the Annex Form or go in person and submit as additional document. You can't update this over phone.

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Thu, 11 Jan 2018 6:31 pm

Got it. Thank you!

Blackie80

Post by Blackie80 » Fri, 16 Mar 2018 10:25 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Got it. Thank you!
Hi, have u submitted the necessary documents to notify ICA on your new employment status?

What are the documents required?

Thank you

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:59 am

Blackie80 wrote:
samuraibeefburger wrote:Got it. Thank you!
Hi, have u submitted the necessary documents to notify ICA on your new employment status?

What are the documents required?

Thank you
Hey there, I didn't take up the offer in the end. Perhaps you can drop them an email to find out? All best. =D

jdkexpat

Post by jdkexpat » Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:27 pm

This just happened to me. Applied for PR on August 7th 2018, still pending and I changed job now. A new employer starting from 7th January 2018. I have emailed ICA requesting them to let me know the process to update employer information in the PR Application. I'll let you know how this goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

nicholastan194

Post by nicholastan194 » Tue, 15 Jan 2019 11:18 am

jdkexpat wrote:This just happened to me. Applied for PR on August 7th 2018, still pending and I changed job now. A new employer starting from 7th January 2018. I have emailed ICA requesting them to let me know the process to update employer information in the PR Application. I'll let you know how this goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Hi, I'm facing the same issue as you, have you gotten any reply or response from ICA ? Thank you.

Nic :D

Huiizhen1206

Post by Huiizhen1206 » Mon, 11 Mar 2019 2:48 pm

samuraibeefburger wrote:Hi everyone,

Hi, I'm facing the same issue as you, have you gotten any reply or response from ICA ?
and now u got ur PR alrdy? Thank you.

Nic :D

samuraibeefburger
Regular
Regular

Post by samuraibeefburger » Sat, 01 Jun 2019 9:45 pm

Hi guys,

I did get my PR on first try despite claims that I will face a ‘100% rejection’ because I didn’t fulfill the minimum 3 year NOA requirement blablabla (so take whatever advice you get here with a pinch of salt)

I held on to my job in the end until I got my PR though. And you can always write to ICA to update them if there are changes to your employment

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Jun 2019 5:34 pm

Doncha just luv it when one guy out of 100 gets lucky and comes back to spit in the faces of the other 99? Even though all know that each and every application is different and that no two are ever the same.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers