Singapore Expats

What is the PCF nursery modus operandi?

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
Scared-Stiff

What is the PCF nursery modus operandi?

Post by Scared-Stiff » Wed, 03 Jan 2018 11:45 am

We plan to start N2 for our 3 year old boy this week. This would be his first time in nursery.

I have some concerns about this. My boy is overly sensitive, very temperamental, and difficult to communicate with. Also when stressed he can be very distraught and completely uncommunicative due to emotion.

On communication, for example, we are unable to explain to him that we would return to pick him up after school. His understanding of such concepts are minimal. Also we've never left him alone so far - always one of us has been around (my wife stays at home).

In other ways of development he does fairly well. He can read words, count numbers (even 3 digits) and enjoys song, dance, physical play like football and his scooter.

I have questions about PCF in general. We've been told to leave him and go - no transition time. I know he will be quite distressed and this is quite undesirable to me. However I would like to know what they normally do to deal with children. Do they scold? Do they distract with activity? Do they try to discipline? Is there a general modus operandi they follow? Any experience on this would be helpful.

I'm generally not sure my kid is mature enough to deal with separation. Should he prove difficult any ideas on alternatives would also be most helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: What is the PCF nursery modus operandi?

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 04 Jan 2018 7:28 pm

Scared-Stiff wrote:We plan to start N2 for our 3 year old boy this week. This would be his first time in nursery.

I have some concerns about this. My boy is overly sensitive, very temperamental, and difficult to communicate with. Also when stressed he can be very distraught and completely uncommunicative due to emotion.

On communication, for example, we are unable to explain to him that we would return to pick him up after school. His understanding of such concepts are minimal. Also we've never left him alone so far - always one of us has been around (my wife stays at home).

In other ways of development he does fairly well. He can read words, count numbers (even 3 digits) and enjoys song, dance, physical play like football and his scooter.

I have questions about PCF in general. We've been told to leave him and go - no transition time. I know he will be quite distressed and this is quite undesirable to me. However I would like to know what they normally do to deal with children. Do they scold? Do they distract with activity? Do they try to discipline? Is there a general modus operandi they follow? Any experience on this would be helpful.

I'm generally not sure my kid is mature enough to deal with separation. Should he prove difficult any ideas on alternatives would also be most helpful.

Thank you in advance.
Hi this forum is pretty much dead for such purposes.

I would suggest join some Facebook groups like "Singapore expats in local schools" or "Real Singapore expat wives". You can likely to get a lot of help.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk