Singapore Expats

Working holiday visa capacity of 2000

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ebenenchef

Working holiday visa capacity of 2000

Post by ebenenchef » Sat, 30 Dec 2017 6:48 am

Hello,

I'm an undergarduate student and I'm planning to complete an internship in singapore starting this summer. I came across the fact that the WHP is limited to 2000 applicants at a time according to their website.

Now I've been wondering if that limit of 2000 granted passes at a time, a number which indeed seems quite small, damages my chances to get accepted. Does anyone have an idea of how many people usually apply at a time? And how likely it is to get the pass approved?

I do have positive feedback from my company concerning the internship but they say they can't do anything to increase my chances concerning the visa.

Thanks in advance
ebenenchef

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Working holiday visa capacity of 2000

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Dec 2017 10:47 am

They are right and we have no idea if they meet the quota annually or meet it during the easter spring break. All you can do is apply and hope. The employer can only do the same thing. You chances? How long is a piece of string?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers