Singapore Expats

SC Application questions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Re: SC Application questions

Post by Bakulii » Thu, 15 Feb 2018 11:05 am

WSSG wrote:Hi All,

I'm considering to apply for SC. My profile as below :
- Malaysian Chinese
- SPR for 5 years, renewed REP
- Wife (also Malaysian Chinese) with a baby boy

Previously applied for SPR together with wife with me as the main applicant. What will happen to her PR if i proceed for SC application, would she be scrutinized again for her PR ? She plan join us but only in a later stage. Currently this application would be for me and baby.

Any ideas for the chances of SC application ?
How long would be the E-appointment date for now, June 2018 ?
Anyone with similar cases like us lately ?

I was a Malaysian Chinese when applied and got my SC in 2014; my wife and teenage son remained PRs and no questions were asked why they were not included in the application.

I recently applied SC online for my son in Dec 2017 after he completed his O-levels; first appointment given for end June 2018 but managed to gradually changed it to early May 2018 after three attempts.

Hope these info helps.

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Sat, 13 Oct 2018 5:30 pm

Just to provide update; received the IPA for my son's SC application early Oct 2018, approx 5 months after submission of docs over the counter. Online application submitted in Dec 2017.

liz16

Post by liz16 » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 9:01 am

peterparker91 wrote:
WSSG wrote:Hi All,

I'm considering to apply for SC. My profile as below :
- Malaysian Chinese
- SPR for 5 years, renewed REP
- Wife (also Malaysian Chinese) with a baby boy

Previously applied for SPR together with wife with me as the main applicant. What will happen to her PR if i proceed for SC application, would she be scrutinized again for her PR ? She plan join us but only in a later stage. Currently this application would be for me and baby.

Any ideas for the chances of SC application ?
How long would be the E-appointment date for now, June 2018 ?
Anyone with similar cases like us lately ?

I was Malaysian Chinese too recently converted to SC.

Your SC should definitely be okay to be approved in around 4 months time.

For your wife, her REP can always be renewed under your SC sponsorship. Criteria for you to sponsor upon attaining your own SC is just to stay in SG.

Hope that explains
Hello,

I applied for SC last July, 24, 2018. May I know if company needs to sign any form once SC application is approve? I am currently working now and wanted to transfer job.
Thank you in advance .

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 9:54 am

liz16 wrote: Hello,

I applied for SC last July, 24, 2018. May I know if company needs to sign any form once SC application is approve? I am currently working now and wanted to transfer job.
Thank you in advance .
No, no need. Once approved, you go through SG journey and renounce your citizenship at the embassy then complete the formalities at ICA.