Singapore Expats Forum

PR for Foreign Husband

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeangirl

PR for Foreign Husband

Postby singaporeangirl » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 1:59 pm

Hello,

Long time lurker on these boards and was hoping to some advice.

I'm a Singaporean lady (30 y.o.) married to a 36 y.o. Pakistani man. We were married 4 years ago and have recently applied for P.R. (under the family ties scheme) for my husband.

Here's a brief bio:
Salary: 13K/mth (me), 4.7K (him)
LTVP history: 1st applied in 2014 and received with a validity of 1 year. Subsequent renewal was for a validity of 2 years. We are currently in the process of renewing it for the 3rd time. He has the regular LTVP (we have not received the one with the +).
Children: none
Education: Masters (me), Degree from a private university in Singapore (him)

We had previously applied for a PR right after getting married in 2013 and this was rejected after a 2 year wait.

How would you rank our chances? I had read on some posts that for the family ties scheme, the sponsor's qualifications and salaries have the most bearing on the likelihood of a successful outcome. Is this true and what are they looking for the spouses to have?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: PR for Foreign Husband

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 29 Dec 2017 2:45 pm

singaporeangirl wrote:Hello,

Long time lurker on these boards and was hoping to some advice.

I'm a Singaporean lady (30 y.o.) married to a 36 y.o. Pakistani man. We were married 4 years ago and have recently applied for P.R. (under the family ties scheme) for my husband.

Here's a brief bio:
Salary: 13K/mth (me), 4.7K (him)
LTVP history: 1st applied in 2014 and received with a validity of 1 year. Subsequent renewal was for a validity of 2 years. We are currently in the process of renewing it for the 3rd time. He has the regular LTVP (we have not received the one with the +).
Children: none
Education: Masters (me), Degree from a private university in Singapore (him)

We had previously applied for a PR right after getting married in 2013 and this was rejected after a 2 year wait.

How would you rank our chances? I had read on some posts that for the family ties scheme, the sponsor's qualifications and salaries have the most bearing on the likelihood of a successful outcome. Is this true and what are they looking for the spouses to have?

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

50-50 chance.

If you have a baby, the chances will increase fairly as it shows the relation is stable as a family?