Singapore Expats

SPR for Student studying in Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jackfood

SPR for Student studying in Singapore

Post by jackfood » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 9:22 am

There is a new option - SPR - Student studying in Singapore. When is it implemented? :o

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: SPR for Student studying in Singapore

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:10 am

I think it is a revamp of the older version of 4 or 5 years ago. The PDF file linked below on the ICA site is dated December 2017 so I'd say almost a year in any case.

For more information.....

https://www.ica.gov.sg/visitor/PR/visitor_PR_becomeapr (landing page, scroll down to find applicable link listed below.....

https://www.ica.gov.sg/cms/files/forms/ ... dents).pdf

Worth noting.....
Eligibility
1. Foreign students who are studying in Singapore may submit an application for permanent residence (PR) to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for consideration. They must have resided in Singapore for more than 2 years at the point of application, have passed at least one national exam (i.e. PSLE or GCE ‘N’/’O’/’A’ levels) or are in the Integrated
Programme (IP).
This would seem to indicate that it's not for tertiary institutions, but I might be wrong. Or you have had to have been here long enough to have passed at least one of the abovementioned prior to going to a tertiary institution.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pianogal

Post by pianogal » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:49 am

Note that the ones applying thru this pathway is liable for NS.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:52 am

Only the males. Thus far. :-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers