Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent pass for child -2018

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sgupta

Dependent pass for child -2018

Postby Sgupta » Wed, 20 Dec 2017 7:28 pm

Hi,
I am currently on EP and my wife is working on dependent pass in Singapore .My current salary does not meet new MOM guideline of 6k required for new dependent pass privilege. My Wife is pregnant and we are expecting our baby next year but I am not sure if MOM will issue DP to the baby because of new salary criteria.
Is there a way I can request MOM to issue DP to our child since our combined salary is more than 6k? Has anybody faced similar issue and advise how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Dependent pass for child -2018

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 9:24 am

Sounds like time to start working on Plan B.

The $6K figure is per individual, not combined. With a slowing economy, what happens when one parent gets retrenched? You no longer meet the criteria. This why it is not combined.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds like time to start working on Plan B.

The $6K figure is per individual, not combined. With a slowing economy, what happens when one parent gets retrenched? You no longer meet the criteria. This why it is not combined.

I think a lot more of this kind of thing gonna come up.

Wonder if the Govt will actually enforce it strictly as a lot of folk going to be affected methinks.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

pianogal

Postby pianogal » Thu, 21 Dec 2017 11:12 pm

To my knowledge it will only be applicable to new EP application. If you already have an EP from the previous threshold and holding onto it in 2018(including the renewal), the provision to have attached DP prevails. When you change employer in 2018, then the new threshold will be applicable to you. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:08 am

From 22 years in HR here, that is what normally transpires. However, what I have been seeing since the 2011 GE and moreso since the 2015 GE is that they are getting renewed and still obtaining the old status but are quite often also given a letter that, quite simply says "this is just a one off grace given to the employer to give them time to replace the permit holder. Usually it says we are giving you a one year renewal which, under the new criteria, you no longer qualify for. So, you have one year to re-qualify under the new criteria and if not, you pass will not be renewed at the end of this one year. I've lost several employees in the past 2 years since 2015. Don't say you haven't been warned. :-k

worldcitizen

Postby worldcitizen » Mon, 21 May 2018 5:55 pm

My observation recently. Old EP holder < 6K. DP not issued and recommended to go on LTVP path. i.e. no DP but dependants can stay on LTVP in SG.

neasady

Postby neasady » Tue, 05 Jun 2018 11:21 am

Hi All ,
I got my s pass plus 2 dependant passes approved today . All extended for another 3 years .
From EU , Working in SG for same company for 8 years , first issued DP when minimum wage was set to 4000 SGD . Currently earning little <5000 SGD .
I received letter from MOM few months back letting me know that I do not qualify for DP for my family members .
"If you have a spouse or children who already hold DP before 1.1.2018 they will generally not be affected by the revised requirement when they renew their DP . Should you however change employers or have your fixed monthly salary reduced at any time , your current DP privileges will be re-assessed and may no longer be granted ."
I still believe I'm very lucky one as our HR said very little chance it will get approved .
Wishing everyone good luck .